unofficial DUAL CORE opteron thread

racinjimy

I think your cpu is getting too hot, pop the ihs and you´ll get better results. The biggest problem of these dual core opterons is temperatures. :rolleyes:

Popped the ihs on my dual core and here are the results:

dualcore3ghzprime2tr3du.th.jpg

How much did your overclock improve? What was the maximum speed before removing the IHS???

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much did your overclock improve? What was the maximum speed before removing the IHS???

Even 2,9ghz failed no matter what voltage i used, i can say that i got at least 100mhz. ;)

Right now I have my 170 opty at 2.8 @1.59 volts. My load temps are at 34 C with both primes running. Wondering how high can i go on volts before i fry my chip. since my temps are low. I am watercooling with the IHS off.

What is your ambient temperature. Unless you're running chilled water through your system something doesn't sound right. Your motherboard might be over reporting the voltage or under reporting the temps. With 22C-24C ambient at that voltage I would expect a 38C-40C cpu temperature.

What is your ambient temperature. Unless you're running chilled water through your system something doesn't sound right. Your motherboard might be over reporting the voltage or under reporting the temps. With 22C-24C ambient at that voltage I would expect a 38C-40C cpu temperature.

I agree

The temps are correct. load temps are at 34 c I have one of the best rated waterblocks and my IHS is off. Its just my voltage is high to get that amount of overclock. All I want to know is what the max voltage you all have used and how high you would go.