unofficial DUAL CORE opteron thread

racinjimy

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my system @ 3G. It seems to really need alot of volts to be fully stable.

3G @ 1.5104V - Dual Prime95 stable 10Min

3G @ 1.5196V - Dual Prime95 stable 1hr

3G @ 1.525V - Dual Prime95 stable 5hr

3G @ 1.55V - Dual Prime95 stable

However, I have noticed that the temps and volts are slowly dropping as I use the CPU more. Hopefully, I can get 3G stable < 1.525V.

3G-3.JPG

cjoe

Here is my system @ 3G. It seems to really need alot of volts to be fully stable.

3G @ 1.5104V - Dual Prime95 stable 10Min

3G @ 1.5196V - Dual Prime95 stable 1hr

3G @ 1.525V - Dual Prime95 stable 5hr

3G @ 1.55V - Dual Prime95 stable

However, I have noticed that the temps and volts are slowly dropping as I use the CPU more. Hopefully, I can get 3G stable < 1.525V.

3G-3.JPG

cjoe

cjoe7, you've finally got it dont you? Thats sweeeeeeeeet, makes me wanna get a 170, but where does it end, where do we ever get satisified.......NEVER, LOL. At 1.55 and naked, great job. :drool: :drool: :drool: I'm so drooling my coffee is spilling all over me. :D

cjoe7, you've finally got it dont you? Thats sweeeeeeeeet, makes me wanna get a 170, but where does it end, where do we ever get satisified.......NEVER, LOL. At 1.55 and naked, great job. :drool: :drool: :drool: I'm so drooling my coffee is spilling all over me. :D

Thanks....

You're so right. Now, I gotta sell my extra CPUs: 170, 148, and 3500+.

Much appreciate the comments.

cjoe

Take into consideration how some Toledo's don't overclock very well... some need to increase the vcore voltage to run at anything higher than stock speeds.

However I have seen some average Toledos do 2.6 ghz with the stock heatsink (with 80mm fan).

Great thread guys. I am new at this (ie: still in the parts acquisition phase of my first build), and I am ready to buy a power supply. I have seen a lot of different suggestions in this area, and lots of people posting that have different power supplies. I definately plan to OC. Other parts I plan to get that aren't in the signature: stock OCed evga 7900 GT, 250GB hard drive, 1 more 120mm fan, non-stock CPU cooling, 2Gb(2X1GB) RAM. Am willing to pay up to $150. Any help??