Sign in to follow this  
Jero

System built

Put it all together, and everything works so far. Running memtest right now, I'll post back once it's finished. Now I have to find my XP cd.

Oh, should I worry about flashing my bios before I install xp? or is it alright to do it later? Also, what's the difference between the orange and yellow mem slots?

I'd suggest flashing the Bios before as you have a venice.

6/23 or later.

I always boot the rig with one stick in 1st Orange slot (2nd slot from Top in a standard mount). Then add the second stick.

I think there was a difference before bios 623. Since 623, they are supposed to be the same. Don't quote me on this. I do know that there is not supposed to be a difference now, but it seems there was a difference before. Exactly when it changed is what I'm not sure of. You need to update anyway, so go ahead and do that. If you are having problems with one color, I guess it won't hurt to try the other.

Well, it is up and running, and I'm using it right now. Build was flawless, no proglems. I'll need to slipstream SP2 into my XP cd but there are a few things I need to do before it'll work ;)

Haven't tried OC'ing yet, and probably wont for a while, I'm just happy to have a comp again.