NAM permanently blocked my ports?

after 4-5 years of having my dsl connected to my router, i've plugged my modem back into my computer just today, and did a port scan of general and commonly used ports and noticed ports 21, 23, 25, 79, 80, 110, 139, 143, and 443 are all secure and blocked..

i've had this problem since my new install on my new computer (running a sli-dr) and it's quite frustrating when even mozilla thunderbird won't connect.. >.< i've reformatted numerous times... is there anything i can do?? i have no idea why it's doing that.. i have no windows firewall or anything installed.. asides from mcafee, which didn't do anything like this before on my old comp.. >.<

so my only conclusion is.. NAM.

Hello,

Is the windows XP firewall turned off?

# Install NAM again

# Restart

# Set the NAM firewall profile to off

# Port scan

# If ok

# Uninstall NAM

# Restart

# Port scan

No servings or anything.. As for NAM.. I turned off the profile and active armor was disabled.. Not working.. >.< Would clearing the CMOS and everything do the trick? But another worthy thing to note.. I'm using the Marvell..

Your PC should not respond to those ports unless you are running a server of the appropriate type. They are reserved for things like FTP, Telnet, http, etc.

Your inability to connect has to be something else. Do you get an IP address?