Will We Ever Not Use A Windows O/S?

Vaelen2001

With the rate that new O/S's are growing, do you think that microsoft will ever stop making operating systems?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. With the rate that new O/S's are growing, do you think that microsoft will ever stop making operating systems?

• No! Never I love Microsoft, Bill Gates is a God!
    • Yes! With the rise of new and more stable O/S's Microsoft will slowly lose more and more customers.

Just a futuristic question....

With the rise in use of operating systems like Redhat, Linux, Unix, and others, I think this is a good poll.

i vote null cause i didnt like the choices. If there is ever a stable, readily available operating system that is backward compatible and compatible with the highest amount of available software. Then ill buy that one.

I voted null cause the choices 2 and cause I dont think the person who wrote the

first post knows what he's talkin about....

first of all redhat, linux and unix are not 3 completely different OS's....

Redhat is a distro of linux which linux came from unix so in a sense they are

all the same thing....

Linux, MS Windows and Mac OS are 3 separate OS's (although the new macos is based off of BSD)

but ya I started writing this today b4 I went 2 work and Im suprised when I closed avant browser it

saved it so I lost my train of thought.... wooooo!!!

oh ya I was gonna say that in the case of AOL, they used to be considered the biggest ISP/OSP

and everyone had to match up against them.... once broadband came around and the internet

became simpler to use and people had been usin it for some time now, the need for AOL

other than instant messaging dwindled...

Edited by VolcomPimp

I don't think we'll ever see MS quit developing Operating systems, however I think they will lose a the market share in the next 10-20 years.

i think d3 summed it up very well right there. MS is making too much money to quit making OS's in any of the foresee-able future.

which does really suck by the way, because although i am using windows, it generally is so much more unstable that if all my programs and games were available for linux, or Mac, i would switch in a heartbeat. windows constantly hogs tons of memory, and... well i could keep going, but i wont. ;)

Thanks for the input all of you....

I just wanted to know all your thoughts on the subject... And as far as VolcomPimp bashin on what i know... Don't insult me... You have no idea what i know or dont... And you obviously didn't get the topic i was trying to present... I didn't necessarily mean all DIFFERENT O/S's just O/S's in general. So shut ur mouth b4 you make a fool of yourself....

i hope everyone changes one day but im not sure

by the way how hard is it to learn linux im fixing to start reading about it and hopefully learn how to use it any good book suggestions?

funny thing about this topic, MS is paying extra for people who know how to use Linux or Mac OS X now. They fear OS X and it's ability to be run on an X86 machine even now. and with mac planning to go X86 sometime in the next few years, this could prove to be a problem. buy a compaq and load os x on it? build a mac? hmm

and we work to keep it that way. we know the enemy, meet them on the field of battle and bring the same or better weapons with us to do the job. of course we also have a habbit of BUYING other companies that can pose a threat and improve our os's

I voted null cause the choices 2 and cause I dont think the person who wrote the

first post knows what he's talkin about....

first of all redhat, linux and unix are not 3 completely different OS's....

Redhat is a distro of linux which linux came from unix so in a sense they are

all the same thing....

Linux, MS Windows and Mac OS are 3 separate OS's (although the new macos is based off of BSD)

but ya I started writing this today b4 I went 2 work and Im suprised when I closed avant browser it

saved it so I lost my train of thought.... wooooo!!!

oh ya I was gonna say that in the case of AOL, they used to be considered the biggest ISP/OSP

and everyone had to match up against them.... once broadband came around and the internet

became simpler to use and people had been usin it for some time now, the need for AOL

other than instant messaging dwindled...

i didnt like the choices, but i think microsoft will be in the lead for another decade or two, and i think microsoft sucks, and bill gates is not god, he is satan LOL!