Sata Drivers from DFI??

So with my recent Maxtor HD problems, I called Maxtor for an RMA. He told me I needed to hit F6 during my Windows installation to load my SATA drivers, which is why I'm not able to load windows now. (I didn't have to do this when I first set this thing up before it crashed.)

DFI doesn't seem to have these "drivers". Am I supposed to use the RAID ones, even though I'm not setting up a RAID system? And is this the reason why I try and install Windows, it formats, then restarts the whole process from the beginning?

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/driv..._FLAG=A&SITE=US

By the way, Maxtor's tech support people are very professional at being total asses on the phone. lol

Edit....

Just saw that you are using the same board as me....

Download that driver and run it. It will format a floppy for you with all the drivers that you need. Boot off the WinXP cd and hit F6 when prompted. If you still have your manual it will be more clear then this, but you have to install 2 sets of drivers. sata and raid drivers. It is layed out pretty clearly in the manual. I got stuck on this part because I am used to only loading 1 set of drivers.

It looks like it, however I jsut used the floppy disk that was included in my box. Try those though. If those do not work and you do not have the floppy from the box let me know and I will upload the floppy I used for you to download.

That did it. It also fixed my Maxtor HD problem I was having. I guess the drivers got dumped which caused the crash. Using the Maxtor with a fresh install of XP.

Now if I can only figure out why my CRT monitor keeps shutting off...

sorry for goin OT

when u install windows on a single sata HD are u meant to press F6 as well

i been having problems with a sata HD i installed windows on

it worked for a day then the next time i cold booted i get bsod and then on restart it wont load because it cant find ntldr

i had to install again on my pata HD

should i rma HD i still got warranty

Well, ever since my hard drive crashed, I've found that there are ways to still use the hard drive. I did lose all of my data, but it was pictures that I had either stored in Photobucket or on my old HD, so I didn't care. My music I backed up from my old HD. Even if I had lost my music, I could have retrieved it from my iPod. The only thing not set are my Dreamweaver website settings, and I cannot remember what those remote server settings should be. Gotta call GoDaddy for that I guess.

I deleted the partition that was having an issue with formatting. I then created a new partition, installed the RAID driver disk that came with the motherboard, then finished installing windows. I then installed the DFI drivers except the Nvidia IDE drivers. I then installed the graphics card drivers, then did all the service pack and security updates, then ran big boot enabler. I quick formatted the 'E' drive because it still didn't read it. Once I quick formatted it, it found the 153 or so gigs for that partition. Everything has been running smooth as silk since then. And with the new PSU I bought, I have not been experiencing any reboot issues.

Paying for tech support like I did is overrated. These forums are the best tech support possible for your problems.