OCZ PowerStream 520W

seraphimdfi

Thinking my powersupply is the main problem with my comptuer, and pretty muh out of an impulse buy I bought the OCZ PowerStream 520W. I should be getting it in the next few days..

But what i don't get is, that you guys usually say that the 20 to 24pin adpaters are bad, but doesnt the 520W OCZ use one of these?

Thinking my powersupply is the main problem with my comptuer, and pretty muh out of an impulse buy I bought the OCZ PowerStream 520W. I should be getting it in the next few days..

But what i don't get is, that you guys usually say that the 20 to 24pin adpaters are bad, but doesnt the 520W OCZ use one of these?

No it doesn't. It has a modular 20+4 ATX connector & that is native 24-pin ATX.

Almost everyone is using these today.

GREAT PSU!

CONGRATS! :)

i have that perticular power supply and no it does not use an adapter. ingenuisly it has a 20pin main connector with a extra 4pin that slips on next to it if needed. also has the "extra" connectors most dfi boards need eg. 4pin 12v, 4pin molex, and 4pin floppy.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/in...hp/t343941.html

6th 7th and 8th pic down

btw handle it with gloves not to get fingerprints on the mirror finish :D

DANG U HAMMOCK I WAS JUST POSTING WHEN U DID URS:)

I'm thinking of getting the OCZ powerstream 520 as well. One minor criticism I've read is that is isn't a "dual-rail" 12v PS. Should I care? Seems to have the EPS +12 plug that future DFI boards require.

i was also confused by that pic seraphimdfi but a couple forums all said that that pic was out of date. seems ocz used to offer the standard 20 to 24 connector but now its the "e" connector:D

h0db: the only reason u would need a dual rail ps is if u want to run sli. you might even be able to get away with it with the 520 givin its higher than average 33amp 12v rail. but to be safe id get the powerstream 600 for sli givin its dual rails at 20a and 18a, respectivly :)

You don't need dual or 3 or 4 rails for anything! :shake:

The PC P&C 510 ASL is single rail & this $239 PSU is the BEST PC PSU made!

The OCZ PowerStream 520W is, IMO, the second best PC PSU made.

It is certainly the most successful PSU for DFI N4 mobos.

Good Luck,

Dave ;)

he sure loves his ocz 520w :sweat:

i just hate you lot for being able to get it so cheap, come buy one from the uk lol :rolleyes:

I would say you said that just about on the mark, David.

RGone... ;)

You don't need dual or 3 or 4 rails for anything! :shake:

It is certainly the most successful PSU for DFI N4 mobos.

Good Luck,

Dave ;)

Lucky you!

I'm currently in the process building my rig (only the videocard and a 120mm fan is missing now), but I had to send back my brand new OCZ Powerstream 520 to NCIX cause the backplate was somehow bented. Here's actual pictures of it : http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15310

Hopefully the new PSU will arrive at the same time of the videocard and fan so I can finally assemble and test everything! ;)

Lucky you!

I'm currently in the process building my rig (only the videocard and a 120mm fan is missing now), but I had to send back my brand new OCZ Powerstream 520 to NCIX cause the backplate was somehow bented. Here's actual pictures of it : http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15310

Hopefully the new PSU will arrive at the same time of the videocard and fan so I can finally assemble and test everything! ;)

Good pics!

What QC/QA moron allowed that to pass inspection? :rolleyes: