Sign in to follow this  
mysterfix

Is it true that using the 4v jumper voids your warranty?

Doesn't matter, if you search you can find where ANGRY explained how to supply the Voltage without using the jumper and that eliminates the problem. He personally did that and reported on it to help us not to endanger our board. I had no problem following the instruction and I'm running BH(5) at 3.5 Volts. He probably gets tired re-explanning after hours of working out ways to avoid these problems, recording them so they are readily available and then someone without searching says "What if I use the 4 Volt jumper?'

Try the search.

with all due respect I am pretty sure I DID answer the question thoroughly

Skulldor is correct...you don't void the warranty with the jumper

but

overclocking is NOT covered under warranty....no motherboard mfg on earth covers this. We give you the options, what you do with them is up to you.

whether or not you void your warranty or kill anything with this jumper enabled is up you when you use it (it is the risk you take when overclocking even 1Mhz over stock speed, and A64 cpu's are only covered by warranty up to 200Mhz (HTT), ie 200x10 for a 3200+ cpu)

it doesnt void the warranty for the board by using it, but overclocking is not covered, and the memory companies each have their own warranty policy concerning voltages

I use the 4v jumper 24/7 on one rig, and have used it repeatedly on other rigs testing

the biggest mistake people make is not providing adequate cooling both above and below this spot on the board....

Additionally, do NOT use the 4V jumper if you are using a non-native 24-pin ATX! :shake:

If you are using a 20-pin ATX or a 20-pin ATX with a 20 to 24 adaptor, do NOT use this jumper! :shake:

If you do, you WILL PROBABLY damage RAM/mobo or both! :sad:

with all due respect I am pretty sure I DID answer the question thoroughly

Skulldor is correct...you don't void the warranty with the jumper

but

overclocking is NOT covered under warranty....no motherboard mfg on earth covers this. We give you the options, what you do with them is up to you.

whether or not you void your warranty or kill anything with this jumper enabled is up you when you use it (it is the risk you take when overclocking even 1Mhz over stock speed, and A64 cpu's are only covered by warranty up to 200Mhz (HTT), ie 200x10 for a 3200+ cpu)

it doesnt void the warranty for the board by using it, but overclocking is not covered, and the memory companies each have their own warranty policy concerning voltages

I use the 4v jumper 24/7 on one rig, and have used it repeatedly on other rigs testing

the biggest mistake people make is not providing adequate cooling both above and below this spot on the board....

Thats an awesome catch 22 you have there - using the jumper doesnt void the warranty, but overclocking does...so as soon as you see that the 4v jumper has been used you can pretty safely say that overclocking has been perfomed and then reject rma on the grounds of OC'ing.... so technically 4v jumper use does void the warranty by the very nature of its purpose...

just an observation ;)

Thats an awesome catch 22 you have there - using the jumper doesnt void the warranty, but overclocking does...so as soon as you see that the 4v jumper has been used you can pretty safely say that overclocking has been perfomed and then reject rma on the grounds of OC'ing.... so technically 4v jumper use does void the warranty by the very nature of its purpose...

just an observation ;)

overclocking voids warranty...thats just the way it is. Show me another motherboard that warranties overclocking...

Thank You for answering the question Angry. I have seen the thread you speak of EdLSmith but that was not the focus of this thread. I simply wanted to get a clear answer for myself and others who were concerned about this.

Mate,

I'll make it easy for everybody. Angry or RGone just pick the options which reflect company policy and everybody is happy :D

*All warranty inferences pertain to the Motherboard only !!!*

• a. Your DFI Motherboard warranty is voided if you use the 4V Jumper.

b. Your DFI Motherboard warranty is voided if you use this motherboard to overclock any ancillary component like the RAM or CPU.

c. Your Motherboard warranty is NOT voided if you use the 4V Jumper and DO NOT overclock ancillary components.

d. Your Motherboard warranty is NOT voided if you overclock other ancillary components and use the 4V jumper.

overclocking voids warranty...thats just the way it is. Show me another motherboard that warranties overclocking...

So does that mean that even though the board can go to 300htt and beyond as provided for in the bios your warranty is viod the moment you go above 200htt?

So does that mean that even though the board can go to 300htt and beyond as provided for in the bios your warranty is viod the moment you go above 200htt?

yes, that is exaxctly what it means!

I appreciate that - i was just pointing out that saying that using the 4v jumper doesnt void your warranty is technically not true - as you could reject an rma because of what its use tells you about the board use.

Technically my mobo is out of warranty, as its default settings booted my system at more than stock...thus instantly voiding my warranty for me without me even entering the bios....