Sign in to follow this  
mysterfix

Is it true that using the 4v jumper voids your warranty?

I recently read on another forum that some people have been refused RMA because they used the 4v jumper and it somehow killed there board. I think it sounds like a bunch of bull but I figured I'd ask anyway for clarification.

Is there a problem with the jumper? Mine seems to work fine, I've tested it up to 3.8v without incident.

the sheet that comes with your board, as well as the user manual, both tell you that using anything above 2.85v usually voids the warranty for majority of memory manufacturers and is to be done at your own risk

the sheet that comes with your board, as well as the user manual, both tell you that using anything above 2.85v usually voids the warranty for majority of memory manufacturers and is to be done at your own risk

Thats correct

I clearly understand OCZ ,Mushkin ect on this posistion...However the question is clearly directed to DFI not the makers of memory.

So what is the Posistion of DFI where a user has used this option ? Will a main board be covered for replacement (RMA) if the end used has opted to employ this voltage option and at some point the board fails for whatever reason even a fried capicator or chip that allows for this type of power out put ? ? ? ?

Guest SPQQKY

I've also heard that people are getting their boards back in the same condition they sent them in with no other explanation than "overclocking voids the warranty" where it would be impossible to determine whether they overclocked or not. Say it aint so.

LETS please allow the sites admin to answer the topics question with out adding side track topics..Thnks guys..

Guest SPQQKY
LETS please allow the sites admin to answer the topics question with out adding side track topics..Thnks guys..

Where is the side track topic? All questions refer to the use of 4v jumper and overclocking. I believe that is the main question at hand.

Well Mushkin covers there redline memory up to 3.5v and recommends DFI boards but that's besides the point. I just want know if using the jumper will void my warranty and if it does why is it on the board in the first place? :confused:

I have some redline on the way and this really makes me nervous. How can you refuse an RMA if the voltage options (jumper) are provided by the manufacturer and the memory in question is spec'd to require the extra voltage?

Even if the memory is not spec'd for extra voltage the board should still be covered by warranty if the jumper which is provided by the manufacturer happens to kill the board while in uses.

Ya know people every one jumping in here will not help get an answer..You can post it does this and that, it was made that way bla bla bla whatever.

The topic was posted repied to and I followed up for a specific answer on the 4v jumper if we all have the same concern STOP ADDING TO THE THREAD untill Angry answers it..Then when he does if there is some question left to ask ASK IT THEN .

I am only looking for a clear answer just like the rest of you :) And really it dont need to be asked 10 different ways does it ?

wow great thread but affraid is gonna be deleted because is a itchy subject.

To me If DFI can't cover the warranty of a feature from its own board then i will not trust them in the future no more.

I think Angry has answered this question clearly in his repy. Your warranty on your board is not voided by overvolting your memory. But you may void the warranty on your memory. So crank up that Redline!

I think Angry has answered this question clearly in his repy. Your warranty on your board is not voided by overvolting your memory. But you may void the warranty on your memory. So crank up that Redline!

With all do respect I don't believe that it was answered. Yes it will void the warranty or no it won't is a much more clear cut answer.