PSU Brands to Avoid!

davidhammock200

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an ULTRA X-Connect X2 550W power supply. Surely this is not a bad PSU right? I mean this PSU has received good reviews and no bad ones so far. And I've overclock a bit with this. So far no issues.

Is the one listed pointing to the older generation Ultra models? And may I know the reason it being bad? They do have a good forum on their website.

Warmest regards.

Tell that to the admin of [H], who used it against the recommendations of his users, only to have most of his connected components killed by it.

Guest PaceY

Is there any reason that ULTRA is on there? I have several friends that use ULTRA PSU w/ the same board I have and their systems run great. They aren't overclocking of course though.

well...if u plan to have only 1 cd rom and 1 hd and no floppy.....and 2 fans....you dont need 600w.......but who here only goes with a basic setup....im actually looking into a seperate psu for fan controler and vid card....

Hi,

stay away from units build by LC-Power (the same as L&C?!?). I don´t know if they sell it only in Germany but these PSU´s are really bad! I had one before I bought my Powerstream and it was a real nightmare. When benching my rig I got a strange noise from the PSU; it died after some weeks. They are cheep but useless/dangerous...

Gipse

you are dead on with aspire, i bought a psu because the advertised such a good 12 volt rail, the 12 volt rail ended up being 11.45 volts!!!!! LOL,wtf. I was so confused. After that happened i got rid of the aspire case that i had haha. i hate aspire now just because of that experience.

Guest Vanquish
Avoid the NeoHE's, the Neo 480W is fine for non-SLI & the TP II 550W is ok for SLI,

however they are not as good as the OCZ PowerStreams. ;)

I hope your talking about the older revisions.

My new NeoHE 500W is flawless. I'll post DMM results if you want ;)

Anything over 600W with a quality named attached to it for the LanParty boards right?

The problem is that several brands sell PSUs from both bad and good manufracturers, namely Thermaltake and Arctic cooling.

I think given the current chaotic situation there is no other way to get a good PSU than by making a list of brand/model to manufracturer, just like we do for memory models and the chips on them.

Hi,

stay away from units build by LC-Power (the same as L&C?!?). I don´t know if they sell it only in Germany but these PSU´s are really bad! I had one before I bought my Powerstream and it was a real nightmare. When benching my rig I got a strange noise from the PSU; it died after some weeks. They are cheep but useless/dangerous...

Gipse

I have an LC-Power PSU and I'm very happy with it. Active PFC, free plug, 480w, 12v1: 18a, 12v2: 18a...

I think LC-Power is a cheap but very good manufacturer.