PSU Brands to Avoid!

davidhammock200

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Thermaltake PurePower 680w and have never had a single problem with it. I have used it for my X2 dual core with 7800GTX in SLI and it never even flinched. I hear alot of people bad mouthing it without ever having seen or tried one. Its true that it isnt SLI certified, but it is Crossfire certified. Some of there PSU's might suck, but according to reviews from hardware sites and my own experience...these look and work great. If you have any proof otherwise please share it with me. I dont consider little johny from next door that burnt up his moms puter as proof. If you are going to trash a product, please back it up with something. Sorry that I sound pissed, but opinions backed up with fact are a great help. Opinions backed up by little johny are a waste of peoples time. David, I thank you for taking the time to make a list of recomended PSU's. Its a big help to us, but please make sure that if you put a manufacturer on it that you have good reason to and dont just list it because someone says to. Also, you might want to list only the problem PSU's. Also, from what I am seeing on the forums...some of the most recomended PSU's dont even work with the expert board. Thanks for your time. :mad:

got a coolermaster 550 real power non sli runs fine with overclock think i should worry. Going to go twin peilter in a few months i now i will need a 2nd psu one for the peilter and one for the board any ideas????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the "A-power" should be on the list I have a 500wat version that's either super sub-standard or fixin' to blow. It's on one of my nf2's. it blows out super hot air smells of ozone and is only putting out 4.6v on the 5v rail.(5v+rated 40 amps) I've stopped using that rig until a suitible replacement arrives. Of course I may have just got a bad 1. but $18.75 for an all aluminiun dual-fan 500watt psu. (Nice looking though) I really didn't expect alot. LOL

Alright, now I am confused... :confused: I have an AeroCool Turbine 550, and Antec NeoPwr 480, AND an Ultra xConnect 500 and have never had a problem with any of them, yet all 3 are on the list. I haven't been gentle with them either. No dead components (touch wood), and no power instabilities that I know of either. The only problem I have had is the xConnect's screw holes don't match any case I have found, but that's it. My AeroCool is in my gaming rig, SLi and pushing 1.5 (24/7) to 1.7(benches) volts into my cpu, never even a hiccup...

I also agree with jawatrader, can some real world examples be provided for these "bad" psu's?

I also agree with jawatrader, can some real world examples be provided for these "bad" psu's?

If you did put some effort in looking into who did create this thread and what other links he gives you wouldn't ask these kinds of questions. From the following link provided by davidhammock200, http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/show...ad.php?t=136602, you might read the following:

This guide is just that a guide, it does not come from Moses, nor is it carved in stone.

You are responsible for choosing your PS, this guide was created to help,

but you must make and live with your own decisions.

So this is not some kind of law, which is forced down the throat of every DFI user. However if you appreciate a good advice, then make use of the collected experience.

Read the whole argument of reasoning in the link.