Its been one hell of a bad day.

Which is it? > but it says it cant load 'cannot read file because it is an unrecognized file system' cannot load or cannot read? The unrecognized file system sounds like you are trying to load x64 windows and feeding it 32 bit drivers.

RGone...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said one disc is showing partioned both should be unpartioned.You can go to nvidia and down load the 6.70 drivers,copy files pull out raid drivers copy to floppy if bro comp still up which if your posting must be.Will the other comp rued the floppy?

Which is it? > but it says it cant load 'cannot read file because it is an unrecognized file system' cannot load or cannot read? The unrecognized file system sounds like you are trying to load x64 windows and feeding it 32 bit drivers.

RGone...

'this disk cannot be read because it contains an unrecognized file system'

is exactly what it says. It's 32bit windows and i downloaded fresh drivers off of the dfi website, I found the regular 32bit windows drivers (scrapped the idea of using the 64bit drivers)

You said one disc is showing partioned both should be unpartioned.You can go to nvidia and down load the 6.70 drivers,copy files pull out raid drivers copy to floppy if bro comp still up which if your posting must be.Will the other comp rued the floppy?

Alright, so i downloaded the 6.70 drivers, extracted the raid drivers from it, popped them on a floppy and I am still getting the same error.

I hate floppy drives. It's so easy to install the power plug upside down/backwards, in which case the drive is most likely toast--it will spin and all that, but it can't read any disk even after you reverse flip the plug over. I suggest you check the power cable on the floppy, and even try the drive in a known good computer with a different floppy disk that has files on it--make sure you can actually access them.

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1444&page=9

Is there a way to slipstream the Nforce drivers onto a WinXP SP2 CD?

I had the same problem with mine. That thred did it for me. Just make a new diskette from the Raid driver disk that came with the mobo with the TxtSetup.oem file at the begining then the rest as fallows.

so a new installment in my problem. So i disconnected my raptors and plugged my original harddrive with xp on it and booted up to see if it could even read a floppy. Well what do you know, it can't.

I tried 2 floppy drives. My old one which I thought didnt work (it might now be the motherboard) and the new one I bought from CompUSA. All it does is make reading noises but doesnt actually read any disks. I had an error once that said the 'floppy controller reported a problem that is not recognized by the floppy drivers'

Im gonna install the new 6.70 driver set and maybe that will work.

OK, so i finally got a floppy drive recognized and reading on this computer. I tried the suggestions from the thread listed here and nothing, I am still getting the same error when trying to load drivers after hitting f6 in windows install.