Its been one hell of a bad day.

It started off today when I got my 2nd 36gb raptor with full intentions of running them in raid0. Well everything was going fine and dandy, I set up an array for striping and began booting from winxp cd. Now i realized that I needed to put in the driver disk which came on a floppy. Well to my surprise the floppy I had wasnt functioning (I never used it so i wouldnt have known). So then I took one out of my brothers computer. That was giving me a read error stating the floppy disk had an unrecognizable operating system or something to that effect. So i figured that since It was a HP floppy drive and the connector on it was missing 1/2 the pins I went out to CompUSA to buy a floppy drive.

I come home and to my luck my video card crapped out. It wont post and the #4 LED on the diagnostic lights hangs, ive tried reseating the card in either of the pcix slots. Nothing. I got an RMA number and have plans to send it out tomorrow but before I do that a couple questions, It does sound like the video card correct (monitor wont come off standby)?

Should I buy a new video card ( I was thinking a 7800gt, the one in question is an x800 pro) and have the RMA go towards my brothers computer that Im planning to get him for xmas?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what each of the LEDs mean

System startup 4 led’s on, no CPU detected

CPU is detected 3 led’s on, memory not working

DRAM is detected 2 led’s on, VGA not working

VGA is detected 1 led on, unable to load OS

clear cmos?

Also, as far as the floppy not recognizing the disk to load the raid drivers...I go through the same thing each and every time. The drive works fine and loads whatever on the disk, np. But when loading the raid drivers, it has problems, and I have to try like 3-10 times. After each time, I'll eject the disk, put it back in. Eventually it works, atleast for me. You should have tested the drive with a different disk, etc, before buying a new one, but oh well, they're cheap.

ok well clearing cmos worked.

now back to the raid problems.

Im trying to install the 2 raptors into raid0 format. I have the array setup in the nvidia manager and all that, but when it comes to loading windows I get to the formating page and it shows up as 2 seperate drives, 1 is partitioned for 34 and the other is 34gb of unpartitioned space.

I tried putting in the floppy disk and hitting f6 to load the drivers during windows setup but it says it cant load 'cannot read file because it is an unrecognized file system'

and I have to try like 3-10 times. After each time, I'll eject the disk, put it back in. Eventually it works, atleast for me.

ugh, i must have just tried it like 20x. No dice.

Is there somewhere I can download the drivers. I looked online on the dfi website but the file is not on the server but has a link regardless.

Im reading the online manual, and it says to insert a disk called 'nvraid driver'

the only driver disk I have says

sata raid driver disk

nvidia nf4

silicon image 3114

rev1.0

anyone know where I can get the nvidia raid driver? the download on dfi main site does not work.

Ok, in the nvdia raid manager thing, right after boot, you said you set it up in there, but did you set them as "bootable"? It's an option in there. Only 1 drive should be showing up when installing os.

Also, you have to load BOTH drivers from the disk.

Ok, in the nvdia raid manager thing, right after boot, you said you set it up in there, but did you set them as "bootable"? It's an option in there. Only 1 drive should be showing up when installing os.

Also, you have to load BOTH drivers from the disk.

yeah, its set as bootable in the raid manager. It shows up as a 68gb single array but I cant load the drivers while windows is installing because of that damn error. I also just downloaded the drivers and tried them on two different disks and rotated them when I got the errors about 10 times. Still no go =(

On the f6 is windows asking for which drivers your wanting to install and when you choose it says unreadable after listing the drivers, also reformat disk with no partions the partioned disk wasnt fat32 instead ntfs.

On the f6 is windows asking for which drivers your wanting to install and when you choose it says unreadable after listing the drivers, also reformat disk with no partions the partioned disk wasnt fat32 instead ntfs.

no, i hit f6 once the screen turns blue and begins copying over files, and after a minute or so it goes to a screen asking whether i want to load special drivers, so I have to hit 'S' and then it asks for a floppy in the drive and hit any key to continue. I hit a key and it makes a couple reading noises but never lists any drivers to be installed, instead just gives an error.

Reformat which disk with no partitions? The floppy or the harddrives? If youre talking about the raptors they are brand new, I have done nothing to them except plug them in and now im at a standstill. Tomorrow if I dont get this figured out ill put up pictures taking me step by step to show you guys.