Sign in to follow this  
DaLurker

PCIEx speed showing up as 8 lanes?

When running CPU-Z and checking the PCIEx lane numbers, it says I have 8 lanes.

However I'm running a Single PCIEx card (X800GTO2) so it should be 16 lanes. Any ideas?

What PCIEx slot you using? The top slot runs at 16x and the bottom slot runs at 2x, however, when set up for SLi both slots run at 8x

Perhaps shutting off your SLI function while you only have 1 card running will do the trick and moving it up to the first slot on your MB.

Perhaps shutting off your SLI function while you only have 1 card running will do the trick and moving it up to the first slot on your MB.

I'm running on the top slot only. How do I turn off SLI?

I'm running on the top slot only. How do I turn off SLI?

a simple glance in the manual or quick install guide would do the trick.. u just move the rectangular black jumpers on ur board up a notch.

Yeah by default SLi should be in the off position (6x1-2). You have 6 long black jumpers to move to the on position (6x2-3). Kind of a pain in the butt, but it does the job. I actually damaged one of mine on accident and DFI wont send me any. Not part of the accessories. Still works, but kind of a pain.

Since my SLI Infinity is newer, I don't actualy have jumpers. I've perused the Manual and I can't seem to find any reference to a jumper and there is nothing in the BIOS to turn it on/off.

Angry Games? Any ideas?

Hmm perhaps you're one of the lucky ones. Looks as though you only need to use the bridge and that's it. Do you have any bios options to change it from 16x to 8x?

When running CPU-Z and checking the PCIEx lane numbers, it says I have 8 lanes.

However I'm running a Single PCIEx card (X800GTO2) so it should be 16 lanes. Any ideas?

Is that lanes or pipes it is reporting?

Hmm perhaps you're one of the lucky ones. Looks as though you only need to use the bridge and that's it. Do you have any bios options to change it from 16x to 8x?

Not that I know of. There is something like this but it's called a HT Lanes and allows me to set 16 Up 16 Down, 16 Up 8 Down, 8 Up 16 Down and 8 up and 8 Down. I already have that set to 16 up 16 down.

I'm thinking now many CPU-Z is flawed.

Also it can't be pipes since I my GPU is 16 pipes as well :)

I really don't want this to be my first post...but I am incredibly disappointed with DFI.

I recently purchased an Infinity SLI, due to it's promise of no-frills solid performance/price ratio, AND THE PCI-X16 STATED ON THE BOX (more than once).

You can imagine my surprise, throwing together a nice system, very nice, only to find out that the board is limited to 8x...

I too have poured over the manual and searched forums, google, you name it. Everything I have shows this board will run x8 ONLY. I did not buy a single 7800GTX to run at 8x.

The card is in the second from the top PCI-E slot, all drivers and bios is updated, and Everest and CPU-Z and the nVidia properties says its running at x8.

Why does the manual state what seems to be opposite on all other boards? My understanding of SLI (while extremely limited) goes something like this. PCI-E x16 slots, with two identical PCI-E X16 cards bridged in SLI mode, will run at x8 per card, not vice-versa like this Infinity.

What is the deal here? Am I missing something in the manual, or in general, as to why I cannot run my nice expensive system at its full potential?

Pardon my frustration, please.

You need to create your own thread regarding your OWN problem. As well as reading the rules of the forum by creating your sig by placing your system specs in it. If you fail to do so, you will receive ZERO help.

And fyi, there's a bios option which will turn off the SLI bridge in Bios. 3rd option down from the main bios screen on the left side. (Pretty sure that's it)