Sign in to follow this  
JazzMang

Board is posessed. Random errors!

Well, here I go.

I had a system built a while ago (consisting of whats in my sig) that was awesome and was as stable as a rock. 4 months later, my board got CMOS corruption constantly and would intermittently not POST. I RMA'd the board thru Newegg and got a replacement.

The replacement worked fine with 1 DIMM, but not with both. In the end, I could not get the Ballistix to run at 250 with 2 DIMMs. However, each stick individually passes memtest and prime and superpi. I figured the CPU mem controller was shot, so I RMA'd the CPU.

I get the new CPU, put it in and BAM!.... same problem. Except now, I get random LED error codes. Sometimes it's a long beep (indicating memory failure) and sometimes its 2 LEDs showing GFX failure. I know for a fact both DIMMs are good (memtested in a different machine overnight), but when I miraculously coax my board into booting and get it into memtest, I get massive failures at test 7. I was researching and came upon something that stated that other hardware issues (such as graphics cards) could cause memtest to fail with random errors.

I'm really at wits end and am about to throw it all away. Help!

Hello,

Did you plug all 4 power connectors back into the board?

In the other board, did you memtest both sticks at the same time?

Try increasing the CPU Vcore voltage.

Yea all power plugged in.

I am lucky if it gives me a chance to get to BIOS. If I get in, and set something and save it, upon reboot, I usually get 2 or 3 LEDs or a mem beep error. Its so random.

on the other board, sticks were memtest stable as whats specified in my sig.

Have you tried different memory?

You aren't using a CPU VID Special Control of above 113 are you?

Just to make sure, this is all still at stock speeds?

Well I flashed the BIOS (miraculously) and it still does the same thing, but now I dont get as many memory beep errors. just mostly 2 LEDs.

I guess I'll try to RMA my 4 month old card and see if that fixes it. :-/

Have you tried the non-boot way of clearing bios and/or flashing to 704-2BTA? These have helped my system to be stable at stock speeds when even bios 623-3 is not stable.

Do you also have your rams in the orange slots? Well at least for me, the yellow slots are very unstable but the orange helps to give much more stability.

According to his signature he's not running at STOCK speeds and he's not using a stock bios. Is this board stable at stock speeds, or did you just try to crank it out of the box? Or is the sig. wrong?

New hardware...back to basics my friend...you know the laws surely???

laws:new hardware will NOT likely to be the same as any other!!!!

:D

good luck!!! Be patient!!!