Memory Warning Message! Need Help

Hi

I'VE a problem with memory warning message at system startup it says (Please Install One ram module in Dimm 2 for single channel operation and 2 modules in Dimm 2&4 for dual channel operation )

OK

Now i'm running Dual Channel using 1&3 DIMM but when i install them in 2&4 Dimm i never saw this message again but my system was not stable at all when i load prime it stops after less than one minute even at defaults setting , then i install them again on 1&3 Dimm and now my system is stable

What should i do now with this warning :(

Hello,

Make sure that all 4 power connectors are plugged into the board.

# 24pin ATX connecotr

# 4pin +12v P4 connector near the ATX slots

# Floppy power connector upder the CPU soclet

# Hard drive power connector on top the chipset cooler

Your memory timings?

2.5-2-2-4.

What are the manufacturers rated timings?

Hi

I'VE a problem with memory warning message at system startup it says (Please Install One ram module in Dimm 2 for single channel operation and 2 modules in Dimm 2&4 for dual channel operation )

OK

Now i'm running Dual Channel using 1&3 DIMM but when i install them in 2&4 Dimm i never saw this message again but my system was not stable at all when i load prime it stops after less than one minute even at defaults setting , then i install them again on 1&3 Dimm and now my system is stable

What should i do now with this warning :(

You should get the latest official BIOS 6/23-3. Or if you don't mind possibly voiding your warranty, one of the newer beta BIOSes.

Hello,

Make sure that all 4 power connectors are plugged into the board.

# 24pin ATX connecotr

# 4pin +12v P4 connector near the ATX slots

# Floppy power connector upder the CPU soclet

# Hard drive power connector on top the chipset cooler

Your memory timings?

2.5-2-2-4.

What are the manufacturers rated timings?

4 power connectors were plugged

the stock memory timings is 3-3-3-8 and i've this problem before even changing memory timings to 2.5-2-2-4 :)

I had a similar issue with the 3/10 BIOS try a newer version.

Sure I will do that

Thank you

You should get the latest official BIOS 6/23-3. Or if you don't mind possibly voiding your warranty, one of the newer beta BIOSes.

I prefer to try the Offical Bios :)

Thanks

Glad to hear you fixed it. It seems like almost every thread regarding memory and stability comes down to the same things:

-- Check that all 4 power supply connections, including the floppy power cable, are plugged into the motherboard (see the sticky)

-- Compare your power supply against the approved list-- see another sticky. You must have a native 24-pin main 12V plug, not a 20-pin plug, not a 20-to-24 adapter. You should have a minimum of 480W.

-- Flash the latest official bios or the (warranty-voiding beta), preferably using tmod's disk, not a floppy (and read the sticky on bios flashing and follow it to the letter). This is especially true for memory problems.

-- If the board won't boot, clear CMOS, sometimes for hours (depends).

-- Don't troubleshoot basic system stability problems while overclocked/tweaked! If your system is stable @ stock settings and you're trying to get a working overclock, you should post in the OC forum.