New System wont boot

ok back to topic....ahem...
Glad 2 c sense of humour is still working :nod:

well tha's a bit ogf progress.

When u have been starting up have you've been using the switch on the mobo.

case leads are not connected ?? - am unsure what the waires are shown in bottom left of http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/sca...reammachine.jpg pic near the diagnostic lights. What are they ??

4 hours of mucking around, I finally decided to try another psu from my currently running machine...GENIOUS! now why didnt I think of this when others were yelling it...

psu jumped but did not pull full cycle of post.

new psu ocz 520 powerstream instead of 600 and now working on burning tmods cd to do bios.

Thanks all for your patience. Ill post more as I go along.

Thanks again

I've had exactly the same problem... but wasn't a new build.

One day, the first time I come to switch it on and nada! no lights no nothing...

Nothing has been tampered with, there have been no shorts and no power spikes... then tried for ages randomly pressing the power on.. and running around blaming people for touching my computer and then randomly it starts up after I press the switch and started up as normal... ???

Now it's done it again, but this time, it's not starting up at all???

wtf is up with this board??

Does anyone have any idea as i'd hate to have to strip everything down and RMA it...

Of course it has to be the board. What else could be the problem. You have done everything perfectly, and all the other hardware, software, drivers, firmware can never fail or be loose or .... etc.

Look take a deep breath and work through the problem step by step checking the obvious before you decide what is wrong.

next thing.

Bought a thermaltake case(Soprano 1000bws), it has ports on the top of the case for firewire, 2 usb and one mic/headphones jack.

Firewire I dont think ive ever used so not interested in hooking that one up unless you can convince me. I see the usb jumpers on the sli-dr but prob is I cant find a diagram marking each to their name. Any chance youve seen a diagram somewhere?

mic/phones ill work on my sb audigy and post pics.

thanks