Sign in to follow this  
killermiller

PWM sensor 80c+

I set my v to 1.550 w/+110% and it doesn't happen. It's when I raise the HTT to 250. It's steadily raises. I just exchanged the board because the last one would create a high pitched whine when it went over 75c. That was after I let it go all the way to 125c in the smart monitor. I've read that most people's don't go over 65c. Any ideas?

I also put the multplier down to x6

LDT v is auto

chipset v is auto

CPU idle 30-32 load 42-45

Chipset idle 49 load 55-60?

pwm idle 55+ load hits 85 and keeps going up

I also tried the 7/something beta Bios and the 6/23 bios.

Airflow, get a fan on the 3 heatsinks right from cpu. When using water/phase coolingit will get very hot there, its the lack of air. I would try to keep it under 50 (although its rated way higher) for stability issues.

My case has mesh on the side and I mounted a 120mm fan blowing right on it and it didn't do much. Tech support said to RMA the board, but this is the 2nd board that had this problem. This is actually the trird board I have had but never noticed the problem so I am not sure if this is common to all three. Could it be a power suppy issue as the IC's are not getting enough juice? But you are right about airflow, on the first I was using HS/F but I didn't even try to go over 1.55.

I agree. I think that as long as it doesn't start making the high-pitched whine again, I will let it cook. Uninstall the "guardian" and pay no attention to the smell ;) . Well, thanks for the response.

P.S. You don't think it could be my PSU or anything else?