Sign in to follow this  
hellasvagabond

AMD 64 3.500+ safe oc ?

It differs from cpu to cpu. Depends on your RAM, Stepping, core, voltage, temps, and about a million other variables. Example, alot of people have been able to take a venice 3000+ to 2.7GHz with 1.55v, and I have to use 1.55v just to get mine stable at 2.5ghz. and I cant get it any higher without instability. It just depends and you have to figure it out for yourself. Generally, you dont want your temps over 50c and you dont want your voltage over 1.6-1.65 (and thats an absolute maximum)

I know it is different from one rig to another to find the max mhz but i dont need max.

im currently running at :

CPU

11x200.9mhz , 1.376v ( cpu-z info ) and im getting a max speed of 2210 mhz.

Memmories

Frequency 200.9mhz - Cas latency 2.5 - Ras to Cas 3 - Ras Precharge 3 - Cycle time 7 - Bank Cycle 11 - Dram Idle 16

Now what do i need to change in order to get it to 2400mhz or even 2500 if possible ? Can i change the multiplier to 12x200.9mhz or do i need to do something else ??

3500's have a max of 11x multiplying. Unless you somehow got lucky and got a one-in-a-million unlocked chip (which I highly doubt). A mild overclock such as 2400 or 2500 mhz should be fairly pain free with a 3500.

If you're not looking to max your CPU, then try this...

FSB Bus Frequency: 227

LDT/FSB Ratio: Auto (or 5x or 4x, it's hard to predict what will work best. If your system hangs, this can be the problem many times)

LDT Bus Transfer Width: 16 16

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio: 11x

Skip everything inbetween to:

CPU VID Startup Value: Auto (raising this doesn't raise the CPU voltage, and most people find that leaving it at auto is sufficient)

CPU Vid Control: 1.3

CPU Vid Special Control: Above VID = 110% (1.3x1.1 = 1.43, this should be enough voltage for a mild overclock. But depending on your chip you might need to up it a bit)

That will give you an overclock of 2497 mhz, now that Kingston memory might cause you problems, which is why I tried to keep the FSB lower. If your system can't boot with these settings, I highly, HIGHLY doubt it's because your CPU can't handle it. I would tweak the memory settings in the BIOS is you need to.

Good luck.

well i got same problem ,

I have tried reg overclock (adding more fsb and volts)

I tried multiplier and toying with it for days and days i cant get real stable on battlefield 2

Is my memory my downfall

should i have tossed it my kids pc when i when built this last week?

its 3200 mem

anythoughts ?

If you're not looking to max your CPU, then try this...

FSB Bus Frequency: 227

LDT/FSB Ratio: Auto (or 5x or 4x, it's hard to predict what will work best. If your system hangs, this can be the problem many times)

LDT Bus Transfer Width: 16 16

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio: 11x

Skip everything inbetween to:

CPU VID Startup Value: Auto (raising this doesn't raise the CPU voltage, and most people find that leaving it at auto is sufficient)

CPU Vid Control: 1.3

CPU Vid Special Control: Above VID = 110% (1.3x1.1 = 1.43, this should be enough voltage for a mild overclock. But depending on your chip you might need to up it a bit).

With the above settings nothing worked so i reduced the FSB to 220 and it gets stable. Its a 200mhz increase , is it worth the OC ?

Athlon 64's are all about mhz, so yes, 200 mhz is definitely worth it. I think it's pretty safe to say that your memory is holding a higher overclock back, though. You might look into buying some high performance (as preferred by DFI Lanparty motherboards) stuff as a replacement. Unless of course you're happy with your overclock, in which case don't bother dropping 200 dollars for something you don't need.

did you memtest the memory before you did anything else?