Sign in to follow this  
galactic

Slow system

Current system is running at 2500 but I hoped for much more. Please help is it worth ditching this Corsair memory for something else or should I buy a more powerful processor. I would appreciate your input guys.

Greetings - I am a newbie!!! and took the recommended settings off this site

(Angry Games). What I am trying to find out is whether it is possible to gain faster speeds with this system or do I need new memory and a new processor?. Many thanks

Read through THunDA's guide here and follow what he says to do to find the max of your CPU and your RAM. That should answer how far your RAM and CPU can go respectively, as well as give you a better idea of what you are doing when you make changes.

If your refering to the AngryGame's guide/suggested settings I think you are, it was primarily to get you up and running if your board is having trouble getting more than one RAM stick going and the like. As said in the guide, these settings are a starting point that is known to work, to get you up and running. From there, you can and should tweak the settings. The guide I linked to by THunDA is an excellent way if you want to go about getting more speed as you stated. If this wasnt the guide you were refering to, then you can disregard that last bit.

Hope that helps.