Max HTT 310?

swiebertje

Somehow my board won't go past 310HTT, I know its not guaranteed to do that ofcourse but maybe I am missing something here since most boards go beyond that.

I am not completely new to overclocking but I was wondering if anyone here has any ideas.

It's not the CPU or RAM holding me back and I tried increasing the chipset voltage but that didn't help matters.

Any insights or tips would be welcome!

Could be ram timings. With me VX and BH5 i have to loosen both Max async latency (start with 9 try 8,5 or 8) AND Read preamble (start with 6,5 and see if it likes lower) to get over 300HTT. I used drive strength 3 and drive data strength 1.

A64Tweaker

OK thanks for your reply, I will try that.

But I even tried increasing the HTT with the memory clock at the lowest divider, to make sure the RAM wasn't holding it back.

Do you think that even then those timings might make a difference?

Well, at the moment the drive strenght is at 8, it was 6 before, and I am typing this on 320HTT...

So thanks for sharing your experience with me and if you ever happen to be in the lower part of out little country I will buy you a beer.

Thanks again!

I got it as far as 345, then it crapped out on me.

Strange thing is now every time I change a setting in the Bios, I need to clear cmos to get it started again.

After that, I set everything manually for 24/7 use (12×210 on stock volts) and it runs perfect.

But as soon as I enter the Bios and alter a setting, any setting, upon rebooting it hangs, three led's lit and I need to clear cmos to get into Bios again.

Probably something simple but once again I am missing it...and I was hoping someone here has an idea whats going on here.