Sign in to follow this  
LANero

My DFI non Boot with 2 Sticks of memory.

Hello Friends,

First that everything thank you to read this topic.

The reason for the which I write it is because for a time my DFI doesn't want to accept 2 x 512 MB of OCZ Rev2.

When I put one alone, the system works perfect but when I add the second module the system non boot and 2 LEDS always lights.

I have attempted in the yellow and oranges slots but the result is the same one.

This is the configuration:

- AMD 3700+ SD (Stock)

- DFI Ultra-D (6.23-3)

- OCZ Plt Rev2 (512mb x 2)

- MSI 6600GT

- Fortron BlueStorm (AX500-A)

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thank you for all the collaboration that you can offer me.

Until soon.

Hello,

Thank you for yours answers.

I have already tried to run the memtest to each module and they pass without errors.

The 4 connectors are correctly together to the board and the problem of the 2 lit LEDS persists when I add the second module.

[email protected] with 2.6v each stick.

Some other solution?

Until soon

Try and up the voltage to 2.7, test, then 2.8.

My sticks (not OCZ) would pass memtest singularly at 2.6 but would fail in dual.

Upped the voltage to 2.8 and the problem was solved.

Good luck.

this is the same problem i am having with my memory but i have 2X1024 ocz 3200 ver 1.0. each one runs fine in mem test but they wont work in dual or even single channel. i have tried everything. ryder tried to help me but end up giving me a form for tech support. i do not beleve it is a issue with the memory but maybe with the motherboard.

Ok,

I will try to go up the vdimm up to 2.8 - 2.9V.

The strange thing is that until few days ago they worked perfect, in fact these OCZ is excellent OCers ([email protected]-6 with 2.8V in 1T)

Thank you

Now I am confused... :confused:

Is this a problem of OCZ or DFI? :(

thats what im saying, i think ive ruled out the memory controller on my chip....i know these boards are picky about memory, but i have both one of the most recommended known to play well together with DFI OCZ kits and an old samsung kit and getting similiar results from both...three people looks like we are all ultra-d and ocz. but if it worked fine till now that makes it even more confusing...

Angry:

"NOTE: NF2/NF3/NF4 OWNERS - DO NOT INSTALL THE SW-IDE DRIVER IN THE NF2/NF3/NF4 CHIPSET PACKAGE UNLESS USING RAID!!! PLEASE UNINSTALL THE CHIPSET DRIVERS AND RE-INSTALL AND TELL THE SW-IDE DRIVER PROMPT TO "NO" AND DO NOT INSTALL THEM!!! SW-IDE DRIVER IS WELL KNOWN FOR HOSING/LOCKING/FREEZING/NO-BOOTING ETC AFTER INSTALLING!!! (it is also well known to make CD-RW/DVD-RW drives not function correctly!)"

dunno if the sw-ide drivers have anything to do with this but i did install them so hell, removing them is worth a shot. will post results when finished testing...