I am anxious and in need of a new BIOS that fixes the poor temperature

Guest Link21_merged

I have this motherboard and the tempertuare monitoring is way off and inaccurate. I really badly need the ability to monitor the temperature of the CPU and other devices with reasonable accuracy. I need to be able to monitor the temperature when running Prime95.

I have been unable to do that tus so far, and am very disappointed. I thought all DFI NForce4 motherboards would be able to monitor temperatures the same right out of the box.

Why would the LanParty be able to do so, but not the Infinity and DAGF series. I mean, aren't they based off the all the same components except that the LanParty motherboards have more features? So wouldn;t it be easy to just fix the problem with the BIOS that casues poor temperature monitoring?

I am really anxious and can't wait to be able to monitor my temperatures appropriately when running Prime95.

No bios is going to give you a fix to this problem.All the temp monitoring programs are going to be off by a bit.A few degrees either way,you may get close to the correct temps but not to accurate.You need to get a temp monitor,maybe like one of these.

http://www.jab-tech.com/Temp-Monitors-c-196.html

The problem is, it isn't just off by a bit. It fluctuates way off. It goes as low as 6C sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

its not any type of software not reading the temps from the BIOS correctly

its the BIOS' of the Infinity and DAGF series motherboards not reading the temps of the CPU's properly

I have the same problem

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...7557#post267557

...and just with a older single core, so it isn't just the new CPU's like the dual core

the new bios didn't completely fix it yet. just flashed to the 10/19 bios and my bios reading for cpu temp went to 20C from the 9/7 bios reading 6C. it's getting better but not quite thier yet. i don't know why but the latest ITE monitor i downloaded from DFI reads like it's correct in one instance (cpu 35C) but now system temp fluctuates between 3C and 20C.

gonna try out that prog and see what i get with that and the modded Motherboard Monitor. i'll get back to you on this with my experience.