RDX200 Memory Recomendations

Impaqt

RDX200 Memory Recomendations

I was just about to order a set of 512x2 Ballistix to give em a go on my RDX 200, when I stopped and asked myself why get another 512x2 kit?

Figure I'll go with a 2x1gb kit instead but what to go with?

So far my XBL TCCD 512x2 kit couldnt post over 212 at 2-2-2 or any loose for that matter)

my OCZ BH-5 will boot all the way to 255 1:1 and run 1Mil Superpi, but not prime95 Stable more than 1/2 Hour Currently Rock stable at around 206 2-2-2

I'm thinking of one of the following kits

Gigaram PC3200 (4000 is Out of stock)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820221135

Gskil PC4000

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231021

THe only Ballistix 2x1gb thread I've seen didnt seem to do so well....

DOnt want to spend more than 250-275 any other recomdnations would be apreciated.

don't just judge by my experiences with the ballistic, MaxT has them too, and he has totally different results. His board posts fine with them, mine needs to be tweaked with another set first to post, but i have a different cpu which might or might not be contributing to the differences. But still, that is too few of a sample size to make any conclusions on.

If i were you, and i had ram, i'd wait a bit to see what happens and if bios update changes anything. But if i was impatient, i would go with what works for others, if you have similar hardware.

Yeah, my 2 x 1GB ballistix are doing 270MHz right now, 3-3-3-8-1T dual channel. 2.8v in the BIOS, but smartguardian reads 2.73 idle/2.72 load. Everything is on auto, except the 3-3-3-8 timings, whcih i set manually. The board hits a wall at 270HTT, so can't go any higher right now.

Yeah, my 2 x 1GB ballistix are doing 270MHz right now, 3-3-3-8-1T dual channel. 2.8v in the BIOS, but smartguardian reads 2.73 idle/2.72 load. Everything is on auto, except the 3-3-3-8 timings, whcih i set manually. The board hits a wall at 270HTT, so can't go any higher right now.

MaxT, have you tried tweaking the mem settings manually at all to see if you can get higher? I'm just kinda curious, since i am trying to figure out the difference between my result and yours, right now it seems to be my opty cpu. i guess since A_G just got some ballistix sticks, we'll have more data once he's done playing.

I might just have to buy another cpu :(

Well, I just ordered the GSkill HX 2gb Kit. Might go ahead and get a gig of Ballistix as wel just for fun. But I just found an Opteron 144 (939) to put inmy Ultra-D so we'll see what happenes there...

Looks liek the HZ is getting overall better clocks, but the HX is quite a bit tighter at DDR500