the one stick of ram boot.

I know if you only have 1 stick of ram its suppposed to go in the orange slot closest to the edge of the board but can I put it in the slot closest to the socket? I really need to because my xp-120 blocks that first spot so I have to remove the heatsink to get the ram out. The redlines with the new heatspreader is too tall to get out by itself.

Dang and yes it is a rule for me. This board will boot about 5% of the time with 2 sticks which I don't get. Another thing I don't get is I have to boot into bios and manually change the FSB back down to 200 from 250 or else the 2nd stick won't boot at all. I can't even clear CMOS and have the system boot. It's really frustrating having to remove the ram everytime I need to boot up my computer.

This is absolutely pathetic!!!

Take that damn xp120 off there and get a xp90c. There is absolutely no difference

in cooling whatsoever.

Then you can mount whatever ram in whatever slot..... Just disgusting!

Hung Lo

Dang and yes it is a rule for me. This board will boot about 5% of the time with 2 sticks which I don't get. Another thing I don't get is I have to boot into bios and manually change the FSB back down to 200 from 250 or else the 2nd stick won't boot at all. I can't even clear CMOS and have the system boot. It's really frustrating having to remove the ram everytime I need to boot up my computer.

Sounds like you need to tweak your settings. You could look at my OC database entry for a refernece, or post all of your settings so we can look at them.

This is absolutely pathetic!!!

Take that damn xp120 off there and get a xp90c. There is absolutely no difference

in cooling whatsoever.

Then you can mount whatever ram in whatever slot..... Just disgusting!

Hung Lo

how about

NO

the XP-90C is NOT RECOMMENDED for this board because of the weight issues. It can easily damage the board or the mounts or both with the excessive weight, and it only cools a maximum of 2C better than the Aluminum version

before you around throwing out bad advice, you maybe want to think about it for a bit...