Angry please help: Hot chipset temps

Vapor Trail

I followed the guide posted by Angry on reseating my chipset fan to the letter.

Before reseating fan: ~68-70C gaming; 50-51C idle

After reseating fan: ~63-65C gaming; 48-49C idle

I also have a 92mm Zalman fan pointed over the chipset/video cards to keep air from stagnating over the chipset.

So I have found some improvement, but not what I was looking for. I was aiming to get stress temps into 40's, which is where I suspect they should lie.

What do you think? The Evercool fan mentioned in the mod forum as a replacement isn't available anywhere that I can find in the US.

Frustrating.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the evercool fan doesn't fit without some serious modifications so everyone is going to the Spire cooler now

ambient temps and making sure nothing is touching the actual fan of the chipset is essential, as is where hot air might be coming from that is getting to the chipset

maybe remove the chipset again and double-check your cleaning and installation

The evercool vc-re works with out any mod's at all and keeps temps about 3c-5c cooler than stock, if jab-tech is out, I got mine at aocusa.com or best to call Kristina at 1-800-838-5868ext123 about 7.50 plus shipping. Finish is good on hs and as I said no mods at all .I dont know what HS angry tried but it wasnt this one. Hope this helps. :)

Well, I don't know about the rest of you...but my simple fan placement is all I need. No modding...no mobo removal for installation...just good 'ol cooling.

Here is the inside of my case (pic is old....right now top fan has been moved further to the right for better mosfet cooling):

dsc024413dm.jpg

This helps to keep chipset, ram, and mosfet cool.....even under load!! Here's a screenie of idle temps:

temps0jj.jpg

Load temps are CPU=45C, PWM IC=46C, Chipset=41C. The best thing about this setup is that the chipset temp doesn't change at all even under load. PWM IC gets just a little warmer because of my VX ram 3.3v but not too bad.

man all you guys keep saying you can get your Evercool VR-CE's to fit on the NF4 and the three that I have (2 ordered, 1 was free lol) won't fit at all...and to get the pins to match up with the holes...looks impossible (and the one i tried to install nearly chipped the chipset core trying to force the pins)

(this proves that even Angry is retarded a lot of times)

thnx, i just didnt know if there was a spec 4 it? and i was wondering maybe if something was reading wrong. thnx

Coolmonk, do you just have those fans laying in there or what?

The fan on top is wedged in securely between the heatsink fan and PSU tray. Chipset fan is held together by power cable and rests against the harddrives. There is no vibration at all so everything is nice and tight.