Cold Boot From Bio Exit !

I believe I was one of the first people to report this problem some weeks back. Now that its known to be endemic, I have some bad news to report. As i'm sure i'll get (f)lamed by people who "know better", these are just the facts i've gathered without commentary or opinion on my part.

1. My first board had the same bios save issue most are having. I promptly RMA'd it.

2. Using the EXACT same hardware, my second board has not exhibited any of the previous symptoms. I've even tried flashing it back to the orig. shipping bios to make it not work. It workes fine with either bios code.

This tells me that its less a bios issue but a hardware problem. While my case might be just one experience, I can say with certainty that a new board made all the difference. Draw your own conclusions.

-butter

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'm not sure if this is the exact problem, but I can now repeat the symptoms.

By changing the "soft reset" to "hardware reset" in the bios the boot will hang at the 4 LED spot. Rebooting solves the problem. While this could be entirely different I thought i'd offer it up in the interest of postarity.

So, I'm not sure if this is the exact problem, but I can now repeat the symptoms.

By changing the "soft reset" to "hardware reset" in the bios the boot will hang at the 4 LED spot. Rebooting solves the problem. While this could be entirely different I thought i'd offer it up in the interest of postarity.

Every lil bit helps...Mine has always been at the default setting and I've never had this problem. Board is stripped down right now but I'll try it when I throw her back together....

The board I'm running atm is having random startup hangs as well. It does this with either bios and the hang happens when at default settings or overclocked.

It will either hang just after the initial screen that shows the irq settings. Just prior to starting the loading of windows, or it will hang just after it displays the windows loading screen. Usually 1-2 resets will fix the problem. Generally speaking this only happens after I've done changes to the bios, but it does happen at other random intervals.

Note: this happens from a complete fresh power on start and also at times after doing a restart in windows.

Other then these random hangs this board has been the best overall clocker for my ram. Not so good on the CPU end though! CPU overclock is hitting a barrier at 270 no matter what I use for a multi. My ram timings vs. clock are the best ever on any of the boards I've run this ram in! Got to like that. Definately a different beast from any of the other boards I've played with.

O.

hey fellas im getting it too if i view or make a adjustment in bios when i save it the screen hangs on a black screen i have to press the reset button and it boots fine it does hang some times after a bios setting change at the irq screen, reset again and away we go. just thought id share my experience with ya

however system seems to boot fine from power off without accessing bios