Sign in to follow this  
KingPing

FX55 or 3700+?

just curious....have an opportunity to buy a new in the box FX55...for $450....is it worth the money to upgrade my 3700+ San Diego???

will it be a big performance difference???

Whatever you do make sure its a San Diego FX-55 or I would say you are downgrading even if it is an FX-55.

Don't even bother then. If you really need to spend 450 get a 3800+ or spend a tiny bit more for the 4400+ which is a WAY better buy.

Guest Gir

ur 3700 should outperform a fx-55 with it clocked like that, unless u are planning to do serious oc on the fx

your 3700+ is kicking arse !

I agree, why bother changing when you already have a pretty badass setup, if you have a need to spend some dough get another gig of ram or a new video card or something. Only reason I see to change the processor is if you want a dual core, which I recommend the 4400+ then.

I'd stay away from the FX-55 Clawhammers, at any price. They are quite picky with RAM, run hot enough to destroy themselves at stock settings, if compatible memory isn't used, and you can clock a 4000+ beyond it.

Some maintain the FX-55 is nothing more than an OC'd FX-53. It is strung pretty tight right out-of-the-box, and best I could get on air was around 2.8 ghz...BFD. ;-}

You CAN get a killer OC with the FX-55, but extreme cooling is needed...way out of my budget.

Charles

Sign in to follow this