Sign in to follow this  
Aldy402

Program to control Fan Voltages or RPMS?

Im looking for a program to control Fan Voltages + Rpms without the use of a fan controller. I have all my fans plugged into the lanparty but I have no fan controller and would love to 5v all of them. any suggestions?

speedfan doesnt seem to respond too well to the nf4 chipset.

any others?

Smart Guardian will do the work for you, click "Option" on the lower right corner, then you wil find the tuning section, for CPU, NB, and PWRIC.

i would recommend a fan controller also

the Sunbeam is only $9.99 at www.svc.com, comes in silver and black, and handles up to 20w per channel, with full-on and full-off capabilities.

not a good idea to go plugging all your fans into the motherboard headers...

not a good idea to go plugging all your fans into the motherboard headers...

If that's the case why do all motherboard manufacturers include fan headers on the boards? Seems a little pointless if we aren't supposed to use them, don't ya think :rolleyes:

Well, it is your own choice what you do but as far as I know nobody here likes to plug any fans into their MOBO because if you overclock a lot it causes instability of the system. I prefer and suggest a fan controller! :shake:

and I have all four of my fan plugs on my mobo taken up, and I can still OC my 4400+ to 2.7ghz stable on stock air cooling? interesting.... just plug them into the damn mobo and call it a day, as long as u have a decent PSU it wont be a problem.

Alot of people don't like to plug all there fans into the mother because of the power drain it puts on the board...

Look at it this way...the board is only designed to handle a certain amount of wattage draw per header.... LOOK AT THE LAY OUT...If you really look close at the board at the imprinted line you will see how tiny the power leads actually are AS COMPARED TOO the wire you could plug them into directly on the power supply....

If you put a higher speed fan on one of those headers you could quite possibly burn out the imprinted wires and render it useless....MAY NOT never happen but IT MAY... I am not yelling I am just trying to point out it would be a safer option to do so... I believe you get much cleaner power to your fans if you plug them in directly to the power supply via a fan controller...

It's only $9.99 and a piece of mind....Plus I'd believe Angry over anyone else...within reason...and this is one of those times...

and I have all four of my fan plugs on my mobo taken up

Is a bit pointless Only 3

CPU_fan

Fan_2

Fan_3 (chipset)

of the 5 fan geaders have sensors.(p55 of manual).

If u use software to monitor fan speeds etc., use a molex/sensor lead splitter

Akasa C-CABLE-ADPT

there is a maximum power limit that can be drawn from the mobo headers. as dr_bowtie says it risks blowing the power trace in the mobo.

I often wonder if this is a factor in the

can't help wondering if this is a possible cause of the "My m/c been running great for weeks tried to turn it on this morning....."
seen on every forum & 4 every mobo.

DFI uses 4X power connectors on the N4's to get enough +12V amperage to the right places.

Why waste any of that +12V amperage powering fans?

Usa a fan controller or plug fans directly in to the PSU! :nod: