Confusion Over Crossfire SATA Capabilities

I was reading on the DFI site were this board will make use of PC4000. I didn't see it in the mobo manual though. I picked up PC4000 OCZ cl2 512X2 just for this mobo.

Anyone here running mem faster than PC3200 on this board?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading on the DFI site were this board will make use of PC4000. I didn't see it in the mobo manual though. I picked up PC4000 OCZ cl2 512X2 just for this mobo.

Anyone here running mem faster than PC3200 on this board?

Not to be a smartass but I don't think anyone who has this board is running at DDR400 :shake: Cruise THIS thread and look for posts by Rgone. AG has posted in the OCDB and I'll have something in there later this afternoon as well. You'll have plenty to look at for reference...

• 2 weeks later...

I would agree those that are worried about SATA300 are making a fuss about nothing since it's going to be a long time b4 it makes that big a difference (even when HDs start to saturate in burst conditions this doesn't mean it's going to make a real big diff for most users).

But I wouldn't say the same for NCQ. Although it's true that NCQ does have probs in some HDs and sometimes is worse, from what I've seen in SR(storagereview.com), in single drive configs, NCQ can help with some drives and I suspect we can be sure it won't be long before it will make a significant difference. Therefore, it's quite a unfortunate feature to be missed.

BTW, as I think I've pointed out before SATA2 =/ SATA300...

maybe cf-bt if they didnt cancel it as rumored

the CF-BT is cancelled. Not rumour. Cant say how i know, but trust me when i say i know. If you want to wait for a new board, ATI did reveal a new mobo chipset thats 2x16 PCI-E and not 2x8, DFI Will prolly do a CF-Expert like they did with SLI.

FK SCSI..... clamour for sataII/NCQ on 10K-15K spindles like the Raptors.

I thought the Hatachi sataII drives were doing well....they suk?

Me too... I thought the Hitachi SATA2's were kickin azz in RAID0. :confused: IIRC, weren't some people using HDTach getting upwards of 140mb/s average sequential transfers with two drive RAID, 180mb/s with four drive RAID? A little better than IDE/PATA66. :P

Or, like in most synth benches, are we not seeing said performance translate well over into real world applications? ExRoadie would be most helpful in this discussion.

>> HDTach getting upwards of 140mb/s average sequential transfers with two drive RAID,<<

I get 125mbs on raid 0 using SB450 SATA 1 and 2 WD sata Non-Sata2 drives so the raid 0 ain't that slow really and d*mn sure is not noticeable in the uses I have put it to. Have raid 0 on the 3114 running at the same time and it; well it is like all 3114R controllers.

RGone...

• 1 month later...

So if i want NCQ and SATA2 i should go for an NForce4 Mobo like the DFI SLI-DR Expert.

Stupid of ATI, producing a chipset that doesnt support all the new stuff.

not stupid, the on-board sata2 chip didnt work with all drives, so they ditched it and used sata 1 from the older board design instead, anyway theres no real gain from sata 2 yet (NCQ isnt that good)

but yeah if you want lots of SATA2. the SLI expert or SLI-DR are great for that. i've merely got an ultra-D and its great for storage (i'm running a fair few samsung 250's atm)