CoolerMaster Crossflow 300mm fan results

placenta

Anyone have a pic of one of these installed? Does it only fit in the stacker case? I'm wondering if it will fit in my centurion case.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no not for other cases unless ur ready to chop your case to bits.

The stackers have air holes on the right side panel - hence the crossflow fan can use this to pull fresh air directly onto the mainboard - and yes - its VERY effective.

X-Fi fatal1ty - I was dreading this card Sorrento as I heard of all sorts of trouble on the creative forums - but luckily - touch wood - its been perfect. And yes - I had the Audigy 2 ZS before and YES it makes a whole world of difference using this card - try it out in BF2 - everything seems to sound different - the guns sound more realistic - arty sounds awesome etc. - FEAR sounds awesome too.

Leave the Audigy 2ZS for the onboard stuff m8 and get one of these X-Fi cards - just dont go for the cheaper ones (the ones without the X-Ram) as they are the cards causing loads of issues mainly with Nforce4 boards.

:)

Interesting...

And the one I was thinking about was the Fatal1ty one... shame it comes with the audio 5.25" bay, which isn't the only diference; it has diferent chip, aparently, and perhaps larger RAM.

I am using onboard sound on this other pooter (MSI K8N Neo2, EWWW!), and let me tell you the Audigy 2ZS makes the sound a whole lot diferent as well... and I am sure the DFI's Karajan isn't that good compared to the 2ZS either, although its a lot better than this one. This onboard sound (MSI) distort low frequency sounds and completely lack EAX which is needed a lot in BF2, also music doesn't sound as good as these Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 should sound (MSI); the plan is to upgrade the Audigy 2SZ on the DFI to a Fatal1ity X-Fi and then use the Audigy 2ZS on this other board, I think that would make me pretty happy.

The stacker case has a big rectangular hole the shape of the crossflow fan, so if other cases don't have this hole they won't be compatible with the crossflow fan. "unless ur ready to chop your case to bits" gave me an idea zoomee, fitting one on a regular case wouldn't be that hard but this case can't be an expensive one since it would hurt even more to do the modifications.

Btw, I got a second 3-to-4 HDD thinggy to run two HDD's on each (better ventilation), and I think I am running out of 5.25" bays :tooth:

doesn't sound as good as these Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 should sound.

Hell ya bro.. Ive tried just about every 3 piece speaker set on the market. The Klipsch 2.1 is definetely the best sound quality I've ever heard on a PC set. I cant imagine how good the Klipsch 5.1 must sound..

Loud, cool... pretty... hehe.

But I think they are limited to the crappy onboard sound on the MSI board I have them hooked at. FYI, I have a Cambridge 7.1 speakers on the DFI with the Audigy, and that sounds better than the 2.1 Klipsch ProMedia on the MSI. Thats why it is SOOOO urgent to get a X-Fi for the DFI and use the Audigy on the MSI.

Btw, I tried using just the Karajan... and no way it was near the Audigy 2ZS, that means I really have to spend another $250+ for the X-Fi :sweat:

Just tested the crossflow fan, and not sure why anyone said it was noisy at full speed because it is quieter than a panaflo 120mm fan, and it moves a lot of air; 3/4 speed could make it completely silent.

Angry was right, this moves enough air to help cool the chipset and also the RAM along all the mosfets in the front of the mobo. Not sure if the ram needs more than this, but this crossflow fan is helping a lot.

There are two new Stacker case models out there, the 800's one and the weird looking one... from what I read neither one could use the crossflow fan.

to be more "modder" friendly. Here are my new temps in Celcius.

withcross2.jpg

Cheers Placenta

I don't see the F° often enough helps to see C°

Btw I couldn't find a degrees symbol on my keyboard so

Googling found this

Hold the ALT key and key-in 248 on the numeric keypad, then

release the ALT key...... °

ps FZ1 looks like you got banned for 7 days for not being able to read the rules =(

Could you kindly un-ban me? It was an oversight on my part...I belong to a number of forums and it's sometimes hard to keep track of the parameters of each. I'm sure you understand. I'll be more vigilant in the future. Besides, my sig was slightly over the KB limit (again, an oversight)...I wasn't spamming, flaming or otherwise being an butt. Thanks.