Sign in to follow this  
placenta

CoolerMaster Crossflow 300mm fan results

im not talking fancy water cooling. im talking anyone with similar setups to mine. i been investigating temps here for months. and i also dont know why mine are so good. 120mm fans help a lot too.

noise wise it helps if u plug the crossflow fan directly onto the mainboard - i have mine on the system fan power on the motherboard - that way it can be controlled without extra software - i.e. In BIOS set PWMIC>50 - means it will only kick in full speed when it needs to :) - which for me thankfully is only after a couple of hours of gaming.....

naw i usually leave it on Celcius like most people.. but for my first test i wanted a more clear understanding of temps. F is more familiar to me.

I thought i was doing a good job on cabling.. but after looking at it.. i guess it sucks a bit..

size.jpg

how about reading the rules?

can you read rules?

they are pretty important...

Can the Stacker Cross Flow fan be hooked into a regular fan controller (3 pin connector) or does it need to be hooked into its own PCI controller?????

It looks as if it is just a regular 12v fan, just wanted to be sure in case it is not.

yes sorrento...read hte CM Stacker thread (I just replied to about 4 posts in it)

the Crossflow fan not only helped my chipset temps a little (they were never a problem), but the GIANT improvement was my RAM and PWMIC temps

more specifically...the ability to use the 4v vdimm jumper since the crossflow can run a decent airflow not only above the jumper through it's sink, but also below the board to cool the underside also

I second that. The crossflow fan provides a fairly even flow of air across the board and it's components.

A very wise purchasing decision when buying a CM Stacker case.

I am trying to fit a Vantec IceberQ 4 in the nF4 chipset... but from the looks of it I need to drill new holes in it; the separation between holes is a little longer than the stock IceberQ 4 (Video cards). I think copper has better qualities regarding heat absorption than aluminum, specially since it can transfer more heat thru contact with other surfaces than with air... or maybe not; if it does then it would cool the chipset better by definition.

Either way, I was going to put a 92 mm fan on top of the video cards exactly on top of the chipset... maybe I can delay that and see how the cross flow fan handles the situation. I am still not sure if I leave the RAM alone or put the two 80 mm fans I was planing to use; looks like I can also leave the cross flow fan to do the job there too... but the fans are UV reactive, and maybe they will look pretty... but also showing off the OCZ RAM is quite cool too. :)

noise wise it helps if u plug the crossflow fan directly onto the mainboard - i have mine on the system fan power on the motherboard - that way it can be controlled without extra software - i.e. In BIOS set PWMIC>50 - means it will only kick in full speed when it needs to :) - which for me thankfully is only after a couple of hours of gaming.....

Just a word of caution connecting fans to the MB can create problems. I look for the post about this issue and put it in this post.

uh-oh - its been fine so far for me catkicker - what kinda problems bud?

In fact - ALL my fans are plugged into the FAN connectors on the mainboard - the rear exhaust fan (noiseblocker) is plugged into the CPU FAN socket and the two noiseblockers on my rad are plugged into the bottom two FAN connectors (albiet I dont think they can be controlled in the bios) - this leaves the crossflow fan plugged into the FAN2 port.

Like Angry has sed like a million times - if u gots teh stacker - gets teh crossflow fan as it REALLY helps with ALL mainboard components.

Zoomee, what do you think of the X-Fi Fatal1ty??? Did you had a regular Audigy 2 or 2ZS before to make a comparison?

As for the fan, I haven't finished the system assembly yet... arghhh, almost going nuts!!!! :sweat: ... but I tried the crossflow fan and wow, very nice.

The Vantec IceberQ 4 holes require 1 mm modification to fit perfectly with the nF4 chipset holes. If there is a good shim spacer surrounding the chipset core then perhaps the plastic pins trick can work... I am going to try to extend the holes towards the center of the heatsink to make it fit perfectly, and use screw/nut with springs to attach it like I did with the stock heatsink. If this IceberQ 4 can cool down a 9700 Pro it will certainly cool down the nForce4 chipset :cool: