Swg Performance

kup22r

Obviously in all MMORPG's lag will be caused by the servers. I have a pretty good video card (GeForce FX5600), i don't notice any HD usage during gameplay, and i usually ping about 56 w/29 fps (pretty much the highest fps i've heard of for this game). Sometimes fps drops to somewhere between 19-29. I do, however, notice using ASUS probe (God I love ASUS Probe) that when I'm not running SWG I use about 33% of my RAM and 98-99% of my RAM while running the game.

I'm sure that having 1 or 2% of my RAM free is not helping matters much, but do you guys think that getting another 512mb of PC3200 cas2 RAM will help A LOT?

Let me guess, you drop to a lower FPS when your in Tyrena, or one of the other heavily populated cities?

LAG, is caused by a number of factors... video, internet, server, client, settings, and the alignment of the planets.

Try turning down your video settings, updating your drivers, or playing on a les populated server.

Go to : http://help.station.sony.com/esupport/esup...DisplaySymptom=

Search for Starwars Galaxies Lag

Edited by d3bruts1d

So more RAM wouldn't help at all? I figured more RAM would help in the heavily populated cities where there is tons of people. Like i said, my videocard is pretty decent, I have latest drivers, and pretty much all the servers are very populated. I have also tuned down some of the graphics. I understand that some lag will always occur, but sometimes it's ridiculous.

edit...

actually, says here:

"This occurs most frequently when other programs are running or if your system resources are below 70%"

i suppose since my resources are at 98% used when i play, this coudl be a problem...?

Edited by kup22r

Did you install your Mobos Chipset Software located on the Mother boards disk? If not that could be why your FPS is bad and a lot of other things. Definatly break out that Asus Mobo Dist and it should automatically start then select Install Chip Set... Before you do anything else...

Jeep