Best Cpu And Heatsink Foar An Amd 2500

jbar

0k im going to be overclocking a barton 2500 with an asus a7n8x deluxe mobo . now i just wanna know what the best heatsin and fan would be for it. i dont want the fan to be load. but good enough to keep it cool. also dont want it to be costly. i already have the corsair xms memory so that wont be a prob

There's the SWIFTECH MCX462+ that would be perfect for OC'ing,1/2 inch copper base and you can add a 70 or 80 mm fan to it.I would suggest a thermaltake smart fan with variable speed control as low as 27DB 46CFM up to 39DB 53 CFM for intense gaming ;)

Edited by kobalt

hmmmmm hasn't this topic been posted a million times.

get an slk 800 heatsink and a really quiet but efficient fan for it or if you really want it to cool your cpu and no noise get watercooling :D

hmmmmm hasn't this topic been posted a million times.

get an slk 800 heatsink and a really quiet but efficient fan for it or if you really want it to cool your cpu and no noise get watercooling :D

well i just dont want it to be like my vantec tornado case fan that things is @^%#@# loud as hell

Edited by jbar

HSF is a very important component to the computer

make sure it is a full copper heat sink cuz that is much better than the crappy inserts

i personally like my volcano 11 which is all copper with variable fan speed.

it keeps my comp around 38C (my comp is oced look below) and the hsf is only goin 3/5 its max speed. :D . i got it for only $24

idletemps @2350mhz is 42c load is 49c your temps proablly will be diff as room temp has alot to do with cooling

the best is a slk900 with a 92mm tornado on a fan controller the temps rival water cooling for a fraction of the cost . the slk900 if it fits your mobo if it doesnt get the 800 with a 80mm tornado they both cool about the same the 900 is a tad better . the slk900 and tornado fan will run you about 70bucks but its well worth it.

i personnally have the coolmaster aero7+ and it rocks it does real good with low ambiant room temps got my 2500+ to 2400mhz1.85 volts 49c load temps stable as a rock with a room temp of 63f but today it went up to 69 and my temps jumped and became unstable but is running 2350mhz @1.75volts . the temps are still a lil jumpie as my ambiant temp is going up and down casue theres a dryer in the same room

then theres the vantec areoflow with the tmd fans a little high pitched but cool great .

depending on what you want to spend ??? 70$ range get the 900 or 800 slk and tornado fan with fan controller. 45$ range get the aero7+ or aeroflow . you said you dont want to spend much so id go with the aero7+ since it has a built in fan controller and a bracket for a 3.5 bay on pci bracket that way you can. my 2500+ runs 3200+ speeds at stock voltage on the lowest fan setting wich is dead silent and gets good temps loaded temp was 50 at lowest setting for 40 bucks it cant be beat

well hopes this helps for you to make a decison

no offenese to the 11 owner but cooling to cost ratio is not good . dont get me wrong its a great fan but for the same price the aero7+ cools alot better and has a fan controller too

the aero7 fan only puts out 26.9cfm at full speed but its the massive air presurre that really helps it cool good

Edited by fanATIc1205

Ohh looks nice C0DE, but Im alittle skeptical about that type of fan design, how are the temps @ idle and load?

its great... go read the reviews about it. not one bad one, it does great cooling. at 11 x 200 after hrs of ut2003 i dont go over 42c. but there is a large selection out there so look around.

have an SLK900 and 92mm Tornado hooked up to comp coolingmy OCed xp1700. temps ranging from 34-36C. im really enjoying it and its working well for me...minus the loud fan, but hey...gotta take the good with the bad. if you cant afford watercooling...get an SLK800 or 900 if itll fit your board, im sure you wont be disappointed