FYI - Packaging Issues

Guest Marci_merged

Yes, I assume they would work out a deal with DFI tech to do the work locally rather than ship board back to replace connectors. Infact the connectors would come FROM DFI tech for that purpose.

Marci's concern is the shipping expense to get RMA would use up most of her profit margin...she is a RETAILER not a consumer.

Yes, I assume they would work out a deal with DFI tech to do the work locally rather than ship board back to replace connectors. Infact the connectors would come FROM DFI tech for that purpose.

Marci's concern is the shipping expense to get RMA would use up most of her profit margin...she is a RETAILER not a consumer.

She is actually a he BTW but its all good.

I have actually repaired other boards for this exact same issue, it took me all of 30 secs to avoid a $30 shipping expence.

She is actually a he BTW but its all good.

I have actually repaired other boards for this exact same issue, it took me all of 30 secs to avoid a $30 shipping expence.

youre prolly also 1³³7 with a soldering iron aswell :nod:

Guest Bulldog

I don't know how to possibly make this anymore clear. So I will only state it one more time. No one other than a certified DFI technician may preform any sort of repairs to a DFI board, without having their warranty voided. DO NOT do it under any circumstances unless you want to forego your warranty.

i cant believe u didnt check out the packaging to make sure its ok, part of the QC process >.<

I wouldnt reccomend soldering the SATA connectors due to the above reason

They have big pins so its not going to be any kind of challenge to do it

DFI should have to pay the RMA shipping costs due to their neglegence (damn spelt that wrong .. i think)

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing happened to me when I recieved the board, SATA nr.7 is bend. Luckely it hasn't broken off, but I don't dare to straighten it up as I am affraid it'll snap off.

Not using it, so it's not a big concern for me. Here's a picture of it.

chipsetarea.jpg