FYI - Packaging Issues

Guest Marci_merged

Have just received a box full of the latest RDX200 CF-DR boards here... only to find 50% are damaged on arrival due to the location of the Karajan Audio Module in the packaging...

It protrudes thru the cardboard liner and aligns perfectly to the bottom 4x SATA sockets on the mobo. In transit, however, general knocks and bumps have resulted in the audio module knocking the SATA sockets off the board.

50% of our first order of this product being damaged on arrival is fairly ridiculous... some attention needs to be paid to a redesign of the way in which the product is packaged... otherwise shipping costs to RMA these boards negates profit on the remainder of stock and could put a lot of retailers off.

(Couldn't post in AskDFI section as it's locked to me, and couldn't use RMA / Support Procedures thru DFI.com.tw due to a server error on DFI's side that has currently rendered online support unuseable)

Yep, that's the puppy - SATA7. I've a pile of `em where it's physically knocked the connector clean off the board. S'a shame.... £135 of board ruined by a 2p piece of plastic...

Well you need to contact your DFI supplier your side of the ocean as this is just a forum. A forum which nobody in DFI manufacturing ever even reads. Ask DFI is just a catch phrased forum header that used to be open so that we could get one of the rma personel to answer a few questions from the usa side, but the posts got so stupid we cancelled it.

Get in touch with DFI thru the zone that ships to you sir and advise them of your situation in general and in the overall. That is the "only" place wherein you will make a worthwhile reporting through which any needed change in packaging may occur.

RGone...

Yep, that's the puppy - SATA7. I've a pile of `em where it's physically knocked the connector clean off the board. S'a shame.... £135 of board ruined by a 2p piece of plastic...

Jah mR. OldGuy you is likely kinduh raton but the post here does not get the job done for fixing of the problemO and that was firstust what me most enterested in be fur happening. I got two these babes and neither one them got no bursted pieces. May be me is a LuckyOldGuy. HEhehehehehe. :shake:

I shorely do be RGone... :angel:

Still a worthy post as something to be mindfull of when receiving your spiffy new board. You can be sure I'll be lookin real close when my replacement arrives... ;)

Guest Bulldog

@Marci

As your Crossfire boards were circulated from this branch office I have done some asking around about this. It seems that some of the first shipments of this board type are packed in such a way that the Karajan module can indeed rub against the board. (A'la the bent SATA port in the original Anandtech review). I have been informed that this problem has been noticed and all near-future shipments of this board will have the box slightly enlarged to fix this. Sorry for any inconvienience. In this case there is nothing to do but send the damaged board back to your supplier for service.

@Marci

As your Crossfire boards were circulated from this branch office I have done some asking around about this. It seems that some of the first shipments of this board type are packed in such a way that the Karajan module can indeed rub against the board. (A'la the bent SATA port in the original Anandtech review). I have been informed that this problem has been noticed and all near-future shipments of this board will have the box slightly enlarged to fix this. Sorry for any inconvienience. In this case there is nothing to do but send the damaged board back to your supplier for service.

I hope I'm lucky also, I'll be ordering mine this morning here will be the spec's:

DFI LanParty UT RDX200 Cross-Fire

AMD 3500+ ClawHammer

ThermaRight SI-120 :nod:

CORSAIR ValueSelect (4x512MB) = 2GBs

VisionTek XTASY Radeon X850XT 256MB

160 GB IDE Hard drive

4x40 GB Sata HD

2x 120 & 2x80 Sata on Silicon

Coolermaster Stacker

Enermax EG565P-VE 535W :nod:

Windows XP Pro SP 2

Guest Bulldog

@Uwackme

Such a thing would be unadvisable as it would void the factory warranty. Only certified DFI technicians are authorized to make such repairs to boards.