Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Stock Speed Database DISCUSSION THREAD

As a note in case someone knows something about this - I have been getting messages from windows while running prime95 saying that the windows pagefile was not large enough and that windows was increasing its size and something like "some applications may not run while this increase is being done".

It looked like once this happened, the pagefile usage would top out at 4gb, which is pretty unbelievable to me - I have 4gb of ram, and I am actively USING another 4gb for prime95!

So I went into the pagefile settings and configured it to a minimum and maximum of 6gb in size. That gives me a total of 10gb of size. I have now restarted the prime95 torture test on blend mode and HOPEFULLY it will run throughout the day while I am at work.

I will keep you all posted.

-Verxion

You need to go into custom for P95 and let it only use 1600Mb of RAM per instance. If you just run it without setting this, then it will use the pagefile which you shouldn't do... you're not trying to stress Windows as well as your hardware. We all know that Windows sux balls as an OS. heh...

http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=w...mwindows6qb.jpg

d3m0n: Thank you very much for this information. Being new to prime95, I didn't know that.

Unfortunately I am now at work so I can't do that until I get home. I am still hoping it runs stable for the duration of the day though. It boggles me why adding the most recent changes that Angry Games suggested would make it crash in only two minutes though. :(

-Verxion

Its bizarre. I am less stable now than I was at previous settings.

Any other ideas Angry?

I am going to revert my RAM timings back and see if that helps. . .

-Verxion

Question...

I see there are no NF2 threads here, so I will add a few in the near future (Geil Ultra-x PC4400, Geil One TCCD S PC4800, Corsair 3200XL Pro). My question... I have a mobile XP 2400+. I can put the FSB to 200mhz, but the "default" multiplier on any mobile XP in a desktop board is x6. Should I leave it at this speed or up it to x11 like the AthlonXP 3200+?

Question...

I see there are no NF2 threads here, so I will add a few in the near future (Geil Ultra-x PC4400, Geil One TCCD S PC4800, Corsair 3200XL Pro). My question... I have a mobile XP 2400+. I can put the FSB to 200mhz, but the "default" multiplier on any mobile XP in a desktop board is x6. Should I leave it at this speed or up it to x11 like the AthlonXP 3200+?

to enter into the stock speed database, you need to set the cpu as if it were not a mobile

so a 2400+ you will need to set at 133x15 as that is a 2400's default setup

The problem with that is some XP monikers denoted different timings. A 3200+ could be 200x11 or 166x14... a 2400+ could be 133x15 or 166x10, a 2600+ could be 166x11.5, 166x12.5 or 133x16, and so on. This is likely fine for those with any of these desktop versions, but the mobiles? Personally I'd rather run the test at 200mhz like all the 64bit guys, but if it comes down to comparing to the same model desktop version, I'd be inclined to pick the version with the higher FSB (166x10 in my case).

Or just run two tests with the two different 2400+ speeds. :D

Hi, i can't get my 2gig pc4000 mushkin redline to run at the stock speeds listed in this section of the forum.

They were running fine with the same setup and RGone's setting for the last 4 months, and now for the last 3 day i tried everything but cant boot with two sticks in any configuration,

the only way i can boot is with one stick in orange near the edge of the board, i have tried clearing cmos up to 8 hours, and tried many different settings including RGone's, Optimized default, the settings listed in this section of the forum, and also the settings that mushkin tests them with on dfi boards(i think they test only one stick at a time...), but no luck, still one long beep, 3 red lights, and cant boot to memtest with two sticks in orange, or yellow even.

thanks in advance,

-W

ooook

as you can tell...the last two weeks have been hell of a time for me to be making SSDB and OCDB entries...I just forgot to enter them all until today when I finally got some time lol

hope these help out, and there will be even more to come as the moderators and I are working on a new system to make sure we get plenty of exposure to all kinds of hardware like all of you members have!

Guest LithoTech

I'm about ready to make an entry for my Centon Advanced LL4000.

I'm not a complete newb to overclocking, but this is the first time I've have a decent mobo to do it with, and the first time I've come close to understanding what I'm doing lol.

I'd been thinking for quite some time that I've been goibng about this all wrong, that I should really have started here. Nah, I thought, I'm gonna jump in with both feet for a while, sink or swim, I'll figure out enough to tread water and get back here eventually. And here I am.

Looking through all Happy's (lol, great name change) new entries, I suddenly realise not many people post entries here. Ah well, I still think stock speeds, settings, benchmarks and databases are just as important to achieve as overclocks, moreso even, or else what have you to compare anything to? You must have a baseline, and an overclocking rig must be able to run stock solidly and error free for long durations. Besides, it's wonderful stuff to show potential buyers when you decide to sell the rig to buy your AM2 upgrade. :D

Anyway, I get the sense that this area is a little more strict, in it's entry guidelines as well as post formats. I just wanted to clarify a couple of things before I make my entry.

I have two kits of this Centon BH-5, so far one is good to go for a stock entry but I haven't verified the other kit will duplicate the same settings exactly. Lets say it does, in that case I'd not make an entry for it.

If I can't duplicate the same settings, would it be proper edicate to add a second entry for the second kit as a reply to the thread started by the first kit? Or would we just take it for granted and post the better of the two results?

The second question is almost the same, except now I want to make an entry while using all four sticks. Same deal, add a reply to the thread as an entry for 4 x 512mb and the appropriate settings?

The only other thing I'm wondering about is using newer versions of Everest. Do we have to use version 2.20?

TIA for now, I'm off to key in the bios settings and sort through screens. Not sure if I'll get around to uploading them till later so I'll wait for response before making any entry.

Guest LithoTech

Welp, it's done:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...662&postcount=1

Hopefully I didn't mess anything up. I found a bunch of things I missed when I was initially editing the bios settings.

Gotta say, this ram sure runs sweet at 200mhz, never thought I'd be be able to select the lowest timings on some of them and get away with it. :D

This kit has yet to have the jumper flipped on it, that is the next task!

Well since Angry Games decided not to help me anymore, I had left this thread to rot. Maybe now that he has changed his name to "Happy Games" he will help me again.

I still cannot get this system to run stable. I have tried the memory all the way down at 166mhz, memory timings of 3 3 8 3, and it still refuses to run stable.

I have gone to testing with Super PI because it typically takes it less than a minute to determine that my system is unstable, which reduces the time for me to try different settings.

Is there ANYONE out there that can tell me some kind of BASELINE timing that should work? Like an absolute WORST CASE scenario that ought to be stable no matter what?

Thanks - I would rather run slow and stable at this point than have crashing all the time.

Thanks,

-Verxion