DFI Overclocking Guide - PDF download! (updated - zip + rar)

Thank you for the guide in PDF. I was really thinking about putting it in Word but my laziness got in the way. Knowledge will help me push myself and rig to 3GHz+,

ruhl

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

As you can see im running a 2 MB PCI Video card (Waiting for a X850XT PE that is on the mail) and im running super pi as a write.

My results when having the PCI-E and my system overcloked are going to change? I was so bored without games to play i had to start to follow the guide to overclock.

Nice forums, guides, videos by the way.

Wolf :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

As you can see im running a 2 MB PCI Video card (Waiting for a X850XT PE that is on the mail) and im running super pi as a write.

My results when having the PCI-E and my system overcloked are going to change? I was so bored without games to play i had to start to follow the guide to overclock.

the overclocking itself will not change, as it is not limited by having a PCI or PCI-E video card

your benchmarks/gaming scores will change of course as a 2MB PCI might run a DOS game but won't even run Doom unless using software rendering, and even then that's a guess lol

LOL temps did change, this video card runs so hot, Up to 82 degrees minimun under load (without A/C room of course).

Ill have to add two 8 Cm fans on the side to keep temps down, lucky me this DFI board has two PCI-E slots so i used the one away from the CPU.

:eek:

Hey bro, saw your guide to overclock a64 cpus,

i'm currently using a x2 3800+ telodo with dfi lanparty ut nf4-d

i would like to check is that, when u mentioned about the voltage control (vcore), the cpu will run at the voltage that i set over there? as i've set it to 1.5v, but when using smart guardian and cpu-z, it only detects that my v-core is 1.475v, which should be the case, thanks..

Also any idea wats the max safe voltage for this chip?

Hey bro, saw your guide to overclock a64 cpus,

i'm currently using a x2 3800+ telodo with dfi lanparty ut nf4-d

i would like to check is that, when u mentioned about the voltage control (vcore), the cpu will run at the voltage that i set over there? as i've set it to 1.5v, but when using smart guardian and cpu-z, it only detects that my v-core is 1.475v, which should be the case, thanks..

Also any idea wats the max safe voltage for this chip?

It's likely that Cpu-Z is reading low, it has a tendancy to do that. But check what it says in the bios as well, if both are showing low you can either assume that what you set is correct, or you can manually check with a multimeter - there should be guide flaating around here on how to do that.

On air cooling (good air cooling, beyond the stock heatsink) my personal limit for AMDs is around 1.5-1.55, but watch your temps. If it goes beyond 50C load on the cpu you should knock it down a bit.

hm okie, thanks,

Regarding the temp, i used:

ITE smart guardian

Speedfan

Core temp beta

cpu running at 265x10 , 1.525v -> set this in bios

The 1st 2 showed me temp of 50-52 on prime95, while core temp beta showed

65-70

which temp should i follow?

I set the shutdown temp in bios at 60,but it didnt shutdown.

From what i noe core temp beta is reading str8 from the die, thats y it hotter, so when gauging whether my cpu is overheating, the 50-55degree mark should be set on the mobo sensor temp, or the core die temp?

Another issue i notice is taht my pwmic temp is 55, kinda high yea, but which part is the pwmic? is 55 okie?

• 2 weeks later...
I do have to disagree with something that was explained:

You can kinda say this.... however, the HTT is NOT DDR, it's (for 939's) 200x5 not 200x2.

Its not 200x5 ... thats only 1000.

Its (200 * 2) * 5 = 2000 for the correct HTFrequency.

Unless I am mistaken.