Is DFI Worth It? (Overclocker switching to A64)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

malinois1,

I already found out how to mod to SLI. I was worried that I would need to use a hacked BIOS or something. When the two pins are connected, will any SLI related BIOS features all of a sudden be accessible in the BOIS, or are there no such features?

Is it really just as easy as connecting the two pins? Nothing else needs to be done? No software/firmware workarounds needed?

I haven't been able to find any differences in BIOS between the Infinity SLI and UT Ultra-D. Anyone have any input in that respect?

Thanks,

|||synthtax|||

Nope no need for a hacked bios since the bios for the Lanparty series NF4-D, ultra-d,sli-d and sli-dr are all the same. In fact they all have the NF4 SLI chipset just the jumpers disabled on the chipset :) There are no bios feature to turn on SLI. You will however have to move the 6 jumpers between the pci-e slots though but you have to do that with the sli board also.

It is just as easy as connecting the 2 solder joints...that is all you have to do. In fact if you found (Thundas or Exroadie I forget ) post on how to mod them you could save a few more dollars by going with this board http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813136159

The only difference between this NF4-d and the NF4 Ultra-d is the NF4-d doesnt have sataII which can be modded just as easily ;)

Just looked at some bios screenie of the dram config at legitreviews and it appears that have some good tweaks there just not quite as much as with the lanparty.

Quote from legitreviews:

In the end, I have to say that the Infinity Series BIOS is one of the better BIOS' I've seen. As I stated earlier, it fits somewhere between the insane LANParty NF4 BIOS and the BIOS' included with budget motherboards.

What about the speculation that the NF4 chipsets are binned, and the better ones are use for the SLI boards?

|||synthtax|||

Pure rubbish ;) My Ultra-D clocks just as well as my friend SLI-dr that I built for him. His has a few more things in the bundle and 4 mors sata ports but other than that the performance is the same.

Actually, david hammock and Angry Games. They recommend it

Actually, it usually does. More expensive brand = better components = better power supply.

pmsl paying more for the name as i guessed :rolleyes:

have you got a link to the tests they did?