Sign in to follow this  
CyborgPsycho

BIOS problems on boot

Guest Hudson

Chances are it's your Corsair memory; when you switched from Kingston to Corsair, it was more of a lateral pass than an upgrade, as DFI boards have as many issues with Corsair as Kingston. I know firsthand; I've tried an insane amount of stuff but games crash on my system and I have Corsair (which worked flawlessly on my old board, I may add :mad: ). There are tons of threads in these forums from folks with Corsair on their DFI boards having problems. Luckily, there's some help, check out in the main AMD64 Forum menu under "Stock Stable Settings" for the thread called "Corsair + DFI NF4". Have a good close look at the silver sticker on one of your RAM sticks, write down the part # and version number and then see if one of the tested modules from that thread is the same as yours. If they're in that thread use the settings Angry lists to hopefully get your system stable. It's not a guarantee but if it works for him it should be possible for you. If you can't find your memory version in that thread, I've talked to a few people with very similar Corsair RAM (myself included) who've found that 2.5-3-3-6 @ 2.8v should give you Windows and some basic multimedia, games might be another story. Who knows, you might be able to run fine at those settings, if you're lucky, games and all. Let us know!

--Hudson

All set, now the problem is that the power supply needs to switched on/off after it has not run for a while. Sort of manual overide. Then it kicks in.

OK it is working updated post bump.

With all the stuff it works, had to adjust a few things, but it works.

Strange though it hesitates to start every time. Sometimes it will have to cycle the startup windows menu for manual starting before it kicks to the desktop.