Advice Requested

Wildstaroct

Hello…I’m new to this board because I’m considering a new DFI build, basically because I’m F.E.A.R.ful my current platform isn’t adequate anymore. I’m currently on a Northwood 3.0 P4 (water) w/ a single 6800 GT (air), both oc’ed nicely. I’m thinking it’s time to move forward…probably around Xmas, maybe after.

Would you mind validating these core components? Please note, I’ve never built an AMD system, so I’m learning. I’ve spent several hours on this board reading guides and posts and I like the knowledge + helpful nature of the members. Personally, I like to game + OC.

I’d welcome your feedback and advice.

Mobo: LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert

* I’ve read that the Expert is Rev 2 of the mobo and corrects voltage instabilities; I’m able to wait until it becomes available (Soon right? Didn’t see it on Newegg today)

* I plan to start with a single 7800GT(X) and upgrade to SLI as funds become available

PSU: Enermax NOISETAKER 600W

* Big fan of Enermax (have 480W Noisetaker now, super stable)

* This is 24-pin, correct?

CPU: Athlon 64 4000+ SD

* I hope to figure out the death of the FSB...e,g,. HTT/LDT. There are some seriously good posts on this subject. I have to admit that it is hard to conceptually deal with no NB.

Memory: ?

* G.Skill, OCZ, Patriot, Corsair?

* In my opinion, memory makes the system.

Mobo: LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert

I would wait for Angry to test the board out. Its still not out yet and I think Angry doesn't have one yet either.

PSU: Enermax NOISETAKER 600W

Its an awesome PSU and on the A list. This is a 24 pin. Its good because it comes with the 8 pin that the expert board needs if you end up getting it when it comes out.

CPU: Athlon 64 4000+ SD

I would think more about the future. Get an X2. It also rocks in gaming as well.

Memory: ?

I only use OCZ. Great support in this forum. Can't beat that. Corsair does not play well with DFI. I would stay away from them.

I would think more about the future. Get an X2. It also rocks in gaming as well.

QUOTE]

Uhh i wouldnt get an x2 alot of people are having gaming problems with them, i had gaming problem with my 3800+ x2 then got a 3700+ single core and eveything was fine...