chrism778

CPU Fan

Here's what I plan on ordering:

http://www.heatsinkfactory.com/ThermalRigh...0C-p-16133.html

http://www.heatsinkfactory.com/shop/produc...54&cat=0&page=1

I'm not sure which fan to order out of the following:

http://www.heatsinkfactory.com/Nexus-92mm-...-3-p-16284.html

http://www.heatsinkfactory.com/Panaflo-92m...BX-p-16196.html

If I get a Panaflo, should I get the low, med, or high output one? Do the Panaflo fans come with the appropriate adapters/wires required to have the motherboard adjust the speed of the fan or do I even need this? The Nexus one sounds like it comes with this, but I'm not sure. Is there anything else I need?

This is not a slam against
ThermalRight's XP-90C
, because that's what I'm using and it works fine. However, the
has been more highly rated than the XP-90C. One source is
MAXIMUM
PC
magazine and there are MANY review links listed on how wonderful it is right at the Cooler Master website in the link I provided in the
blue colored
"Cooler Master" text above. Or, you can just use the list of review links below:

Also, you should know your
metals
before
you buy any
HSF
. The
two
primary metals used in HS are
aluminum
and
copper
Aluminum
is cheaper, is half the weight and "
radiates
"
heat
better.
Copper
, on the other hand, "
conducts
"
heat
nearly
times
better than
aluminum
and has nearly
times
the tensile strength of
aluminum
. The
best
HSF
will have a
combination
of a pure
copper
base-pan and pipes, with all
aluminum
fins. This
Cooler Master
model is exactly
that
combination and contains
liquid
in its pipes for even better thermal conduction. A
100mm
fan comes with it and a second fan CAN be added. Click
to see even more photos of
this
HSF
! I Hope you’ve enjoyed my post.
:)

19239ea76e3168395ed2304a140745b4.jpg

30d1466f4e46319f80b1143eb4a814c0.jpga90c3d52f5e919715c157bc7833c7c41.jpg

97de7de2c80e5013d14336e7ae95fea5.jpg39b19694ab44c9abfbf76581e8afe1c7.jpg

53df5eb0521099a5b702d9ef4a795744.jpg8a25bf69e276fa83e6c225577da38db5.jpg

Cheery Bye...

music-smiley-026.gif

Guest Modulok
Heavy Beast! With fans what 1Kg+?

This is the 3rd time you have posted this! Do you sell these on commission?

lol, ya, he wants refferal money :D

lol, ya, he wants refferal money :D
There are several of big, heavy HS's, that can shave 2C to 3C off the XP-90,

but mounting them voids your CPU & mobo warranties & can damage CPU/mobo,

also they are expensive & difficult to mount, if a max of 4C is that important then go water!

Just MO,

Dave ;)

Guest Modulok
but mounting them voids your CPU & mobo warranties & can damage CPU/mobo, also they are expensive & difficult to mount

REALLY?? btw, I found that huge heatsink/fan for $50...so not that much more expensive.

I just wanna know if it will fit in my case and not interfer with components.

I wouldnt put that coolermaster thing on my proc if they gave it to me for free. Hell the stock unit is keeping things in check at 45 during gameplay and not much higher on prime! XP-90 is the only other heatsink that I would consider putting on my proc, that or water.

If you look at my sig i got the 90C with the panaflo, my machine is quiet and with a 500MHZ overclock on full load i do not go higher than 38 degree. it is well worth the money.

If you look at my sig i got the 90C with the panaflo, my machine is quiet and with a 500MHZ overclock on full load i do not go higher than 38 degree. it is well worth the money.
And with a standard XP-90, it would probably be 40C. ;)

Wait, does my CPU lost its warranty because I had a XP90.... and then changed to a XP90C?

If so, these 3 deg are the most expensive temperature diference ever :sweat:

Heavy Beast! With fans what 1Kg+?

This is the 3rd time you have posted this! Do you sell these on commission?

LOL, hardly :shake:. And David, are you “
STOCKING
” me? :eek:

lol, ya, he wants refferal[sic] money

The
$$$
would be nice, but no :shake:.

There are several of big, heavy HS's, that can shave 2C to 3C off the XP-90,

but mounting them voids your CPU & mobo warranties...

AND

Wait, does my CPU lost its warranty because I had a XP90.... and then changed to a XP90C?

If so, these 3 deg are the most expensive temperature diference ever...

Way to start a panic Dave
smackbum.gif
. You know we all love ya’ man, but I mean come on. Sorrento, dude, do you plan on OverClocking (which it appears you already are)? If so, you
VOID
your warranty :sad:. The main point of this forum is for support on OverClocking and “modding” for your DFI and DFI related equipment :nod:. If you aren’t going to be doing any OverClocking or modding on your DFI or AMD stuff and an issue arises, you should give
Frank Wong
a call at the
official
DFI LANPARTY tech-support line (
510-274-8000
). If you intend on OverClocking and modding, thereby
VOIDING
your warranty, you have come to the right place here at
DFI-Street
. Also Sorrento, do not panic, I have had my setup with the 690 gram XP-90C for over 8 months now and
nothing
has been damaged or hurt by it
:rolleyes:
. Additionally, if you are
so
worried about warranties but you still intend on OverClocking and/or modding, some words of advice,
do not admit to anything but stock anything if you do encounter a problem
. But my “official” stance is, “do everything by the book; do everything stock!”, ROFLMAO...!
rofl2.gif

also they are expensive & difficult to mount, if a max of 4C is that important then go water!

Just MO,

Dave...

They are hardly difficult to mount. It doesn’t require a
Rocket Scientist
:eek2: to mount these VERY secure
HSF
’s. If it’s
that
complicated for you, you should stick to “stock” everything and you should not be posting here. I agree, however, that
liquid
cooling will give you an extra 10 to 20 degrees better thermal control, but it is also up to
times
the cost of air. So no, it really ain’t all that expensive by comparison.

Cheery Bye...

music-smiley-026.gif

Dracula, hehe I was exagerating and actually doing some sarcasm about David's remarks about weight. I know he is trying to help and as such I am glad he is.

Large weight heatsinks have been pointed as a risk for motherboards and processors, but in practice do you think a 1 kg weight is enough to break a motherboard if this mobo is holding it horizontally and the 1 kg (2.2 lbs) is attached directly in the middle? The answer is NO, since the PCB is a very hard nut to crack; maybe a 15 or 16 lbs. bowling ball would :P ... that thing reminds me of carbon fiber or kevlar hehe. That 1 kg (2.2 lbs) over the 1.5 x 1.5 inches area of the cpu is is roughly 1 lbs x sq(in), not much presure considering the material the heatspreader is made of and how it transfer force thru all the socket. What I have seen are heatsinks scratched because of too much tension in the screws (SP94).

What really must be paid attention about heavy weights is how the springs on the heatsinks might not be enough to hold it in position, and therefore the heatsink will eventually loose contact with the upper part of the cpu's area making poor heat transfer and eventually overheating the cpu. I already saw this with a very old Pentium IV 2.0A and one of those humungus Coolermaster heatsinks out there. The XP90-C weights 690 gr. plus 250 gr. for the 92 mm fan thats a lot, but not even close to the Coolermaster Hyper something that weights even more. My XP90C is doing its job right now, and I doubt this will ever happen to it.

You are 100% right about everything you said, of course overclocking voids your warranty... hell, using a DFI motherboard should also void your warranty, because in the metaphysical and theoretical scenario of a user buying these DFI boards, wouldn't you agree ALL SHOULD BE OVERCLOCKERS? Hell yes! hehe. Of course some mod should come here and erase this and other messages, just for the sake of everyone :tooth:

I think I can hold my own about overclocking with out destroying hardware (knock on wood :shake: ), but its nice to know there are people here and where you mentioned that might help me if I ever need help... which is almost everyday.

Cheers!

Dracula, hehe I was exagerating and actually doing some sarcasm about David's remarks about weight. I know he is trying to help and as such I am glad he is.

Large weight heatsinks have been pointed as a risk for motherboards and processors, but in practice do you think a 1 kg weight is enough to break a motherboard if this mobo is holding it horizontally and the 1 kg (2.2 lbs) is attached directly in the middle? The answer is NO, since the PCB is a very hard nut to crack; maybe a 15 or 16 lbs. bowling ball would :P ... that thing reminds me of carbon fiber or kevlar hehe. That 1 kg (2.2 lbs) over the 1.5 x 1.5 inches area of the cpu is is roughly 1 lbs x sq(in), not much presure considering the material the heatspreader is made of and how it transfer force thru all the socket. What I have seen are heatsinks scratched because of too much tension in the screws (SP94).

What really must be paid attention about heavy weights is how the springs on the heatsinks might not be enough to hold it in position, and therefore the heatsink will eventually loose contact with the upper part of the cpu's area making poor heat transfer and eventually overheating the cpu. I already saw this with a very old Pentium IV 2.0A and one of those humungus Coolermaster heatsinks out there. The XP90-C weights 690 gr. plus 250 gr. for the 92 mm fan thats a lot, but not even close to the Coolermaster Hyper something that weights even more. My XP90C is doing its job right now, and I doubt this will ever happen to it.

You are 100% right about everything you said, of course overclocking voids your warranty... hell, using a DFI motherboard should also void your warranty, because in the metaphysical and theoretical scenario of a user buying these DFI boards, wouldn't you agree ALL SHOULD BE OVERCLOCKERS? Hell yes! hehe. Of course some mod should come here and erase this and other messages, just for the sake of everyone :tooth:

I think I can hold my own about overclocking with out destroying hardware (knock on wood :shake: ), but its nice to know there are people here and where you mentioned that might help me if I ever need help... which is almost everyday.

Cheers!

I completely agree with everything you just said :nod:. I put the
mm,
CFM
Vantec Tornado
on my
XP-90C
. The "Tornado" only weighs
grams. As far as the noise, I have mine on a controller so I very
rarely
have it at its full “noise-deafening” RPM's.

Cheery Bye...

music-smiley-026.gif