advice

JonJon

Hey, I plan on using the DFI nforce4 ultra-D motherboard paired with:

4400+ X2

2x 1gb sticks of corsair XMS

BFG 7800gtx OC

2x Sata hard drives (80gb and 300gb Seagate Barracudas)

3 opticals + 1 pata hard drive (take up the two IDE channels)

E-power Tagan 480watt U22 powersupply

All suggestions are welcome, I just want some advice and information that I should know to help me get this running nice, stable, and problem-free.

Hello,

If you can, do not get Corsair memory modules.

ragdoll may have some cheap VS :) and many other people may have other Corsiar modules but they are very unpredictable.

# Works for some

# Works for some with a bit of tweaking

# Unstable for some

# Doesn't OC for some

So why take a risk?

that's weird...i figured since it was enthusiast level memory it wouldn't make a difference......would patriot or OCZ memory work?

EDIT: Reasn for my going with the DFI board is because I read about people having a lot of weird problems with the MSI neo4 platinum and this looks like a very promising board....though I do not plan on OCing and I was hoping if you guys could help me out in terms of setting up the BIOS....basically making sure everything is running stable and ready to go.

sweetastic

but not good for overclocking

if you like overclocking, get the new OCZ 4000EB stuff...it will do 265+ for almost everyone that has it

or go for the OCZ 4000EL Gold:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...96&postcount=63

basically look in the Overclocking Database and see what everyone uses in their stable overclocked rigs to find out what is the best

you'll rarely see Corsair anything in there....mostly OCZ lol

EDIT: Reasn for my going with the DFI board is because I read about people having a lot of weird problems with the MSI neo4 platinum and this looks like a very promising board....though I do not plan on OCing and I was hoping if you guys could help me out in terms of setting up the BIOS....basically making sure everything is running stable and ready to go.

Just making sure everyone saw this lol.

The Tagan 480W is a good value, but is not one of the highly recommended PSUs. check out the "A" list of PSUs that work very well with DFI boards http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854

the tagan is listed as a "bang for the buck" PSU, so It should work ok for you, but you might be more happy with one of better quality. Keep in mind, 480W is the MINIMUM output that should be connected to any DFI nf4 board.