New Computer Build

Nero.Jacinth

I am planning to build the computer in my sig soon, and I was just wondering if anyone sees any problems or concerns that I should fix before I order everything.

Any advice and help is greatly appreciated.

Haha wow, nice setups you two! Got use for nearly 2 terabytes, mikeohara? :D If it were me (yeah yeah, just my opinion), I'd run a Raptor or two instead of one or two of those Maxtor drives for just the OS and games. They're considerably faster, and judging by the videocards you're getting, it might be a good idea. Just my personal thoughts though.. I'd want more than a 535w PSU for running SLi. With all those drives and 2 videocards, I'd be surprised to see 535 powering it all in a STABLE manner...

4 grand?!? WOW, I wish I had that kinda money layin around. I'm jealous!

Not to say my rig is cheap, but you obviously topped me. haha

4GB of RAM? Quite a bit I must say. What do you plan on doing w/ this rig if you don't mind me asking?

Also, if you think ventilation will be a problem w/ current cases on the market I would suggest building your own.

If not, there are plenty of well ventilated cases that you could easily mod.

Maybe throw a few 120's on the side or top.

Just my opinion, but I really like your setup. Let us know how it runs!

4GB of ram may be going waaaay overboard. Not many systems would take full advantage of 2GB and make it break a sweat unless you are doing some hardcore video editing etc.. BF2 happens to be one of those games where it matters and 2GB is necessary.

You could save yourself a bunch of money by going with the 2GB. I would ask around to some of the more knowledgable individuals on the board about the performance of 4GB. Otherwise it looks like you have a top notch system on the drawing board.

EDIT: also, make sure you have adequate ventilation for all that and a great big case.. all that gear in tight confines running hot would not be pleasant.