New Build - Fan Speed Trouble?

Just got my SLI-DR today.

I'm building a rig with a seagate s12 600w, x2 3800+ , evga 7800gt, and 2gb ddr OCZ high performance ram.

I've hooked everything up and my system booted, but checking on the fan speeds I found my CPU fan runing at 1000RPM and my power supply fan running at 700RPM!!!!!

I quickly turned off the machine, but I have these two fans hooked up to the motherboard, the CPU is in the CPU fan, and the PSU is going into FAN 2.

Can someone help?

DETAILED SPECS:

DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+

OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR

eVGA Geforce 7800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 (Soon to be 2x)

Seasonic S12 600w Power Supply

320GB Hitachi (2 x 160GB) Raid 0 SATA HD

300GB Seagate 7200rpm SATA HD

Windows XP x64

Everything is stock, I haven't changed any bios settings. I just built this rig and turned it on. I want to make sure the hardware is running smooth before I install the OS, ect.

I want to add that there are several power connections on this mobo. I have them all hooked up ( 24 pin, the 4 pin 12v, and a 5pin 5v, which I didn't ahve hooked up originally. I'm not sure why this is happening...

Ok Signature edited....

Let me add nothing looks worse then a processor fan spinning at 1000RPM, unless this is something new? lol let me know if screenshots are necessary, but it shouldn't be hard to see for anyone who has one of these boards...

I would recommend, if using for power, take the fans off the mobo fan headers an just use them for sensing. Use a 3 - 4 pin converter or 3 pins off psu if it has em. In the bios there is a threshold for each chip..ltd..cpu..and nforce...you can set the threshold lower to increase fan speed..if it was not running fast all that means is stuff was runnin below threshold. It is loacted in pc health.