[Anandtech] DFI LANParty UT RDX200

wodan

Looks very good. Not going to give my Ultra-D to my girlfriend until after the 5th, and many reviews hit the market.

Decided not to get the 7800 for the Ultra-D, since the 6800 Ultra is perfoming well, and I need a new laptop in December. This will leave the door open for a new system using Crossfire in my shack after the first of the year...ear to the ground.

Charles

Looks very good. Not going to give my Ultra-D to my girlfriend until after the 5th, and many reviews hit the market.

Decided not to get the 7800 for the Ultra-D, since the 6800 Ultra is perfoming well, and I need a new laptop in December. This will leave the door open for a new system using Crossfire in my shack after the first of the year...ear to the ground.

Charles

by then you will be drooling over a new DFI socket M2 board.

by then you will be drooling over a new DFI socket M2 board.

I dont think any one is really looking forward to DDR2 are they? DDR2 is a step backward as it is now.

"I loved this quote : In every performance area important to overclockers and AMD hobbyists, the DFI is at least as good as the legendary DFI nForce4 motherboards. In some areas, the DFI RDX200 is even superior to their nForce4 boards."

My bold type on the legendary part- seems a little soon for that though it is pretty unbelevable what it can do with memory and OC if you get the good stuff. It is certanly a good time to be an overclocker!

DDR2 is a step backward as it is now.

no it isnt

everyone complains about the higher latency...but it is again, pretty much a moot point when you have a cpu with an integrated memory controller on the die itself

plus, DDR2 is already up to something like 800Mhz, or more possibly...that combined with the new socket (and eventual move to 65nm) will be a good thing.

seems a little soon for that though it is pretty unbelevable what it can do with memory and OC if you get the good stuff

yep...it always makes me shake my head and wonder what the hell the reviewer is thinking when they write this stuff for the first time, on the first review of the board...how can they know such things? We didn't really find out how good the NF4 Lanparty really was until about 3 months after with some 3/16 bios action...

i was going with the sli-dr and now i have switched my build to the CF-DR. The X1800 XT is supposed to come out on Nov. 5 and i'm gonna scoop up one of those $550 beasts. Hope my Xp-120 fits on the CF-DR!! :P Looks like it might!!

I don't like CNET much. Read the ATI x1xxx review on anandtech. In that review the x1800 xt actually comes out on top of the 7800 gtx.

I would buy the DFI crossfire board if only it had decent hard drive support. No way am I going to buy a board without NCQ or SATAII. I mean not having that stuff is regressive...

Well I may sound a little blunt here but.....No way in hell would I trade my NF4 for this thing. Girst off it is a little pricey. Secondly it doesnt have the features...like SataII.....Poor USB performance :rolleyes: . What the hell was DFI thinking? DFI almost hit a homerun with this board if they just could have at least included SataII.... OK enough ranting for me.