irfy's spaminator thread(s)

irfy

Hi! peeps I wanted some more detailed info on this lil console. If any1 owns one of these babys pls enlighten me with its features.

I want to know as it features WiFi ! Can you browse the internet on it?

Are thier any differences between the PAL NTSC versions ? also is thier a region free version?

Any info would be really appreciated.

Thanx

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As for WiFi, with the release of the new firmware you can surf, and as far as i know any new psp will have the firmware preinstalled.

There is no regieon free psp. The only two regieons are Japan, and then the rest of the world.

My lil brother who is really enjoyin himself in DUBAI at the mo!! Lucky Sod ! He jus bought a PSP i jus spoke to him today and he tells me that the PSP he bought is region free!!! hmmm he will be back in 2 weeks i mus see 4 myself. Im jus thinkin if this lil console can allow me to even check my emails and occasional web browsing i might jus get one. I hear its graphics are GREAT like or better than PS2 !! Is this TRUE?

How did u kill urs Acegoober? I bet u tried to mod it or put ur own cpu in thier :)

you can surf the web when you update with the version 2.xx firmware. the PSP's dont come with t either, 1.52 is what they have. if you upgrade to version 2.0 (NOT 2.01) then you can use a downgrader hack to flash back to 1.50 and do homebrew, i have a snes emulator, GBA emulator and a neogeo emulator. here is the homebrew page for the PSP (the best site for it IMHO):

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/

and here is info on the downgrader:

http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000687060851/

on region locks:

PSP's are region locked, however none of the games out use it yet.

features:

most of the best features are in the 2.0 software upgrade, however if you downgrade to 1.50 you can choose a browser that you like as well as media players. also there are sofware ports like doom and quake and even window$ 95.

there is an issue with dead pixels so get the insurence on it so you can trade if you get more than 5. im lucky in that i have only 4 pixels in the edegs of the screen, some folks get 20 or more...

I'm after one. They are a bit more expensive compared to the DS but you can do so much more with them, then theres the amazing homebrew scene.

I got a small booklet with the UK OPS2M regarding the PSP and it says it has full internet access through any wireless access point. Plus you can copy movies to a memory stick to watch on it, and even use it like an iPOD. I hear you can manually rename ITunes files from .mp4a to .mp4 and they'll work fine on the PSP too... Pretty amazing imo and i can't wait to get my hands on one :D Just a shame about the battery life...

Now if they released UMD compatible Dvd Players it would make buying movies on UMD disks a lot more worthwhile... Some company is releasing a device that allows you to plug your PSP into your TV so i suppose you could always use that...

I know this may seem WAY out of topic! Im only askin as i did a lot of research a couple of years ago and found most bizarre things happen to people in the US. I dont mean any offence to the americans its just cos USA is a hell of a lot bigger than the UK.

This may turn out to be a quite a serious disscusion.

We're awaiting the results of your research! At least we dont' have gatso cameras at every intersection and byway! We only have to worry about spy satellites checking us out while in our own homes! Thermal imagery and other technology. Heck, spying on we citizens has been taken to new heights, since the ol' days of microwave bombardment and beaming invisible photons at window panes to tell what people inside were saying.

9-11 has given our government carte blanche on spying on its own citizens, that keep them in power. A bit ironic, methinks.

The world is a changed place. Nothing is private or sacred anymore.

I've seen thermal images of lovers on a beach at night. They were unaware they were being watched. I won't even get into the thermal hotspots.

This was with civilian electronics. Imagine what our military has...no, maybe you better not.

Charles