few questions about x2, memory and ...

kukikuki

Hallo all,

I am new to this forum, but in last 2 days I red a lot of post on the subjects similar to this one. I just want to ask few q? and to get answers so thank you in advance.

I live in Germany so sorry for bad English :)

I want to buy new sistem and I have few dilema:

I saw many post about x2 3800 good overclocking ability so I will go with this processor. Mostly I saw that people can achieve speeds around 2.4 to 2.7 GHz. So my first question would be:

1. Should I go with G.Skill PC500 2GB Memory (2x1GB) and achieve (almoust) 100% 10x250 or to go with PC600 Memory and try to achieve 9x300. I ask this because PC500 2GB is 260 euro and 1GB PC 600 is 230 euro.

Off course I will buy DFI motherboard so my second q? is:

2. What is the diference between the D and DR board, because price difference is around 50 euro ( and for that money I can buy soundblaster audigy 2z). And finally my third q? comes from this:

3. Do I need to buy audigy sound card in terms of performance? For me onboard sound card is enough but will I have better performance in games if I buy additional card?

Thank you in advance

From what I understand.. the R in DR is just representing retail version.. I originally thought it was for raid.. however my sli-d does feature sata raid.. so i'm confused..

also.. as for the audigy.. I had an audigy in my system prior to upgrading to the dfi and I opted to leave it out on the new build.. I was originally using it for the 1394 port but the dfi has one on board and the sound quality of the onboard audio device is decent enough that I wont miss it..