bios corrupt?

when i press del to enter bios i just get a black screen with a blinking underscore, the strange thing is that everything else works perfectly, i can get into windows and the benchmarks i use show the same score

iv tried flashing and clearing the bios, replacing the ram + mobo battery and unplugging the harddrive but none of that fixed it

is my bios corrupt? how would i fix this, should i replace the mobo or could it be something else?

and is there a way to hot flash the bios without having to do anything extreme?

thanks

Hello,

How long did you clear the CMOS for?

Try 10 minutes.

Also you must never load a cmos reloaded profile from a different BIOS when using another BIOS. Have you ever done this?

You know Sharp! I'm seeing the CMOS Reloaded problem from time to time with the newer BIOSes. I even dorked one of my setups by accedentally loading a saved CMOS onto a new BIOS. Had to use the Long Clear CMOS to recover.

CMOS Reloaded is stored off of the BIOS chip in NVRAM. Old settings can really play havoc with a new BIOS.

The only consistant results I've gotten when this happens is the Long Clear CMOS as detailed here...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...04&postcount=24

iv already seen that post and tried clearing the bios for 15 hours (overnight) with those exact instructions

"Also you must never load a cmos reloaded profile from a different BIOS when using another BIOS. Have you ever done this?" nope iv never done that before, iv saved the settings once on slot 1 but iv never loaded it before

You have that tornadoe plugged into cpu fan header? Also any case fans plugged into mobo fan headers? Definately pull the tornadoe off if it is and slap on 4 pin or use a control panel if you want to control speed. Should only use fan headers for *sensing* not for power. Just try it, take tornadoe and put on 4 pin then reboot. They suck way more power then fan headers supply. I had exact same probelm and pulling fans off headers solved mine.

iv tried always used usb but iv also tried 2 different ps2 keyboards

i used a floppy to flash

for the fans theyre all plugged into a fan controller

this problem happened right after my bios couldnt handle ram overclocks on the next reboot

thanks