Plans for bios fix for SB X-FI?

Most Nforce4 motherboard vendors are releasing bios updates to fix the compatability issues with the soundblaster x-fi. WIll DFi be releasing such a bios? Is one really needed? thx.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know theres official DFi reps on these forums, abit and asus have released bios updates for thier nforce4 motherboards to fix the problems with soundblaster x-fi.

What are DFi's plans in this matter? or will my first dfi board also be my last?

Hi everyone,

First of all I'd like to thank you all again for your feedback, both here on the forum and in direct contact with Customer Support.

A problem was identified on nForce4 based systems where the system ran into difficulties, related to the enumeration of the cards with 2MB (X-Fi XtremeMusic and X-Fi Platinum). This resulted in a variety of symptoms:

- The system may freeze or not boot

- The system may list multiple "Unknown PCI Device" entries and lead to a BSOD

- The system may reboot repeatedly (when "Automatically Restart" is enabled in the Advanced system settings)

Some motherboard manufacturers have already acknowledged this issue and released a BIOS update to resolve it. For systems where a BIOS update is not available we will be providing an alternative resolution in the form of a replacement card with modified firmware. Please contact Customer Support for your region for further details.

You can find out more on the creative forums.

The latest official BIOS fixed the problem for me. I was having all of the problems described on the creative forums. Someone suggested that I install the latest m/b bios and the latest nvidia chipset drivers (i think they were the nForce4 AMD Edition (6.66) drivers). After I did this, the X-Fi worked properly. I haven't had any (related) problems since. The problem is related to IRQ availability and how they are assigned.

Guest rcillig
The latest official BIOS fixed the problem for me. I was having all of the problems described on the creative forums. Someone suggested that I install the latest m/b bios and the latest nvidia chipset drivers (i think they were the nForce4 AMD Edition (6.66) drivers). After I did this, the X-Fi worked properly. I haven't had any (related) problems since. The problem is related to IRQ availability and how they are assigned.

gonna install them & see if it help me out.